Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

How long does a 2month old persian kitten sleep on average?

Jack1337
November 22nd, 2007, 01:41 PM
Sorry for all the noob questions everyone, but I need to know some of these things to make sure my cat is fine.
When she is awake she is active, runs around, plays and from what I can tell her appetite is normal, she even asks for food if there isn't any and all this only after 5 days.

But, today she's been sleeping a lot, like more than the previous few days, however when awake she is her usual self, running around, playing, messing with my cables and all that jazz and she was eating normally.
I guess overall she was only awake for like 4 or 5 hours or so today since 5:30-6AM this morning, it's 8:43PM now and she's been sleeping for 2 hours since like 6PM. She usually sleeps through the night too.

Sometimes, she meows when I pet her while she is sleeping or if you're holding her and she falls asleep she meows sometimes, I touched her everywhere, gently pressing in places I think might hurt but she was fine with that, so I take it this is just her sign of simply wanting to be left alone.

bendyfoot
November 22nd, 2007, 01:57 PM
Kittens and puppies...they play hard and sleep hard. Run, run, chase, swat, pounce....OUT COLD, sometimes for hours, then back at it again.

One of my kitties is very vocal and if I pet her when she's sleeping she meows...actually she meows a lot when we pet her, even when she's awake...another one just sort of goes "prrt" quietly when we pet her (asleep or awake). I think the tone of the vocalization will tell you if its "thanks for petting me!" or "bug off"

phoozles
November 22nd, 2007, 02:52 PM
Kittens sleep a lot - just like their adult counterparts - and as long as when she's awake she's active, eating and pooping, I wouldn't worry about it. I remember when Jake was little I used to try and keep him awake during the day so he wouldn't be so harassing at night (he was a foot attacker), but it didn't work :laughing:

Love4himies
November 23rd, 2007, 06:11 AM
Persians and Himalayans tend to sleep more than other breeds of cats. If she is eating, playing, and using her litterbox fine I wouldn't worry. If she goes off her food, I would bring her into the vet.

Lukka'sma
November 23rd, 2007, 01:22 PM
I think all cats like to get about 17 hours of beauty sleep a day:laughing:

ancientgirl
November 23rd, 2007, 02:58 PM
Kittens sleep a lot! My two new ones play for a couple of hours then doze for another set of hours. Like everyone has said, as long as during her waking hours she's eating and using the bathroom fine and playing then you don't have to worry.

Cats are notorious sleepers.