Give me my f'ing treat!!

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0006-2.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0001-9.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0014-1.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0013-2.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0010-1.jpg

Ford Girl
November 22nd, 2007, 01:25 PM
So cute! Look at her ears! hahah! I'll take a puppy, need my address? :laughing:

JanM
November 22nd, 2007, 01:27 PM
OMG - what little beauties! Love the one who is already a bird dog with a duck safely tucked under her/him... I really, really, really don't need or want a new puppy but, gee - if you need to find homes for them, well, what could I do but help out and take one :D

Ford Girl
November 22nd, 2007, 01:31 PM
That's 2 heading west, you might as well make it a road trip out here....pick me up, let's go see Jan in BC! Bring the puppies and the golden moma, we will introduce her to the B.A.R.C members. :laughing:

jiorji
November 22nd, 2007, 02:18 PM
i want the tubby one :cloud9:

JanM
November 22nd, 2007, 02:29 PM
That's 2 heading west, you might as well make it a road trip out here....pick me up, let's go see Jan in BC! Bring the puppies and the golden moma, we will introduce her to the B.A.R.C members. :laughing:

You're on! Just let me know a day ahead and all will be ready :laughing: :laughing:

hazelrunpack
November 22nd, 2007, 02:59 PM
Have you given that beautiful Mama a name yet, Ceara? :D She's prettier every time I see her! She's fallen on her feet and no mistake...

And those puppies! :cloud9: :lovestruck: :cloud9:

Absolutely gorgeous! The whole family!

Are you supplementing? The pups certainly look plump, shiny and healthy! :thumbs up

chico2
November 22nd, 2007, 03:59 PM
OMG,those wittle faces,those little paws:lovestruck:
It looks like you are doing a great job and mom looks wonderful,except it looks like she's going to take flight:dog:
We definetly need a good name for her,we can't keep on calling her mom..

Writing4Fun
November 22nd, 2007, 04:19 PM
:lovestruck: Puppiesssss!!!!!! :lovestruck:

How frickin' cute are they? And Mom is looking spectacular. I wish I looked that good a week after giving birth ... and I only had 1 at a time! :laughing: The ears are classic. She reminds me of The Flying Nun. :D
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51584HKGFCL._SS500_.jpg
I looked it up. The character actually had 2 names - Elsie (before she became a nun) and Sister Bertrille. How about naming her Elsie or Bertie? :crazy:

Luba
November 22nd, 2007, 04:33 PM
They look like they're doing wonderful. You and mama just gotta be doing something right! Oh you gotta give her a name, what's the name?
We're going to give you a deadline of midnight tonight!!!

Vicky thats so funny about the flying nun I was thinking the same thing!!!

CearaQC
November 22nd, 2007, 06:09 PM
hahaha flying nun! I just noticed her doing that ear thing when she looks up to get treats. It was fun trying to take that pic. I tried flash and non-flash. That pic is non-flash because I didn't want to get the shiny eyes and she barked at me because I took too long to give her treat.

Supplement? haha Well if you can call it that. She eats everything. Hubby gives her anything she will inhale pretty much. But no we're not doing any vitamins or anything like that. Her ears are much better (had a yeast infection), her gums are getting color back (they were really pale before - anemia), and her coat has improved. She got a bath the day before the pic and we spent quite a while with brushing and she's gotten so much softer. She still feels like she's gaining weight.

But her paws are still a problem. Vet said it was also yeast and that I should use an anti fungal shampoo. I ordered some because I could not find any locally and just waiting on it to arrive. Her paws bother her a lot. Tried the vinegar/water routine and she absolutely hates that and ends up running away.

I reallllly hate the local stores. They don't seem to carry anything we need and we are having to order online.

Puppies are all fat and growing like crazy. Their fur is soooo soft, and softer than most stuffed toys. They are getting really strong and doing the half crawl/lurch forward motion like babies do.

I like the name Belle or Bella. Hubby says he thinks dogs should only have single syllable names. :laugh:

Here's a flash version of the flying nun pose.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0008-2.jpg

JanM
November 22nd, 2007, 06:27 PM
CearaQC, I couldn't help but notice that, when you posted your last message, you neglected to note the day you would be leaving for the west coast with the puppies :laughing::laughing:

Frenchy
November 22nd, 2007, 07:56 PM
What a great picture of mom / Belle / Bella ! Love her ears :laughing:

The puppies are looking great and healthy :thumbs up :lovestruck: and soooo cute ! Specially the one sleeping on a stuffie :cloud9:

krdahmer
November 22nd, 2007, 09:36 PM
Oh they are all so gorgeous and mom's ears... how cute is that?! I love the pup with the splotched pads...that is one cute little puppy butt!!

growler~GateKeeper
November 23rd, 2007, 12:36 AM
I love the sleeping on the stuffed duck picture too cute :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
November 23rd, 2007, 12:38 AM
Are you supplementing? The pups certainly look plump, shiny and healthy! :thumbs up

Supplement? haha Well if you can call it that. She eats everything. Hubby gives her anything she will inhale pretty much. But no we're not doing any vitamins or anything like that.

Heehee Hazel meant - are you supplementing the puppies to help Bella with the feedings? :D

CearaQC
November 23rd, 2007, 12:39 AM
Ceara, I couldn't help but notice that, when you posted your last message, you neglected to note the day you would be leaving for the west coast with the puppies :laughing::laughing:

You're such a tease! lol

Believe me... if I could get to the west coast, I would!! There's something about the whole province of B.C. just calling to me. Sometime in my later years I might move there. Been all around N America pretty much and have yet to see B.C. and all the wonderful things around there. Don't think I would drive the whole way in a car though and might go crazy on the plains. Heard people fall asleep at the wheel and end up in some field. :laughing: :laughing: Want to visit PEI for the bike path and Newfoundland at some point too to go caribou observing!

I really like the pup on the stuffie. He's so easy going and just does his own thing, isn't as vocal as the others, but just as active. And that face!! :lovestruck:

CearaQC
November 23rd, 2007, 12:51 AM
Heehee Hazel meant - are you supplementing the puppies to help Bella with the feedings? :D

DOH!! Forgive me... my mind hasn't been as sharp since the pups came. *yawn* Need a solid sleep!

Not yet. Not a single puppy bottle anywhere in town. No one had the anti fungal shampoo either. After that day, couldn't get back to the stores again because the driveway was too dangerous and once you go down our driveway in yucky weather, you might not get back up again. So I placed an order with The Pet Supply House and said to send it Purolator ASAP.

growler~GateKeeper
November 23rd, 2007, 12:59 AM
Well the pups & mum are looking great :thumbs up to you & Bella
Now you need to get some sleep :D
Hopefully :fingerscr the supplies can be delivered soon :goodvibes:

The last puppy pic looks like it could be shepherd mix

Love4himies
November 23rd, 2007, 06:47 AM
Ohhh I am in puppy heaven :cloud9::cloud9:. Momma looks so much healthier now, I can't believe the change. Doing a great job CearaQ.:thumbs up

breeze
November 23rd, 2007, 08:06 AM
Mom and pups look amazing.. You are doing a great job taking care of them..
Now what about taking care of yourself cause if you don't then who will take care of the pupies?? hummmm I ask you..

Bell/Bella is a great name :thumbs up

you say her paws are icthy you could try soaking her feet in oatmeal..
run warm water in a tub put some oatmeal in a nylon stocking and let it soak in the tub until water turns a milky white.. put mom in the tub and wash her feet in it. rince well and dry

I would think that the vinagar would burn cause of the acid content..

We did this when Bree paws were irritated from the salt on the road in winter ( she will not were booties)

the oatmeal releves itchies and calms the pads down... thats what I found..and it's what I was told to do it might help.. We use to use oatmeal shampoo on her as well.. now we use a very moisturing shampoo..

it also releaves chicken pocks on kids and minor skin iratations on adults..

just a thought..

CearaQC
November 23rd, 2007, 09:29 AM
Got the shipment today! Actually I'm surprised it came with the roads being bad .

Never thought about the oatmeal. But wouldn't that give yeast more food? On her paws, webbing between the pads is pinking and she's regularly nibbling on them. I also got some blunted scissors... wondering if I reduced the amount of the fur between the pads if that would help? She's always indoors except for potty times, so I thought maybe if she had less hair there and is indoors a lot, along with the anti fungal treatment if that would be good. The vet really didn't talk about it much even though I asked a lot of questions.

We don't use salt anyway on the property so I don't have to worry about salt irritation.

Ford Girl
November 23rd, 2007, 11:08 AM
If you need anything for those puppies, or the mom, let me know, I was in a huge pet supply store yesterday, a costco type place and saw all kinds of bottles and new born puppy stuff, I can ship over night to you if you need any thing you can't get where you are. PM me if you need to.

Anything I can do to help, let me know.

clm
November 23rd, 2007, 12:15 PM
I love all the puppies, but that one with the black mask has gotta be my favorite. You're doing a wonderful job with them.

breeze
November 23rd, 2007, 12:18 PM
ceara put them all in a row facing the camera take a picture and post it so that we can all vote on the cutest one :D

Love4himies
November 23rd, 2007, 12:29 PM
ceara put them all in a row facing the camera take a picture and post it so that we can all vote on the cutest one :D

Yes please a picture of all of them together:clap: but what if we can't pick from a picture?

I say CearaQ back up momma and the 10 pups in an extended van, and travel across Canada (with a stop in Wisconsin for Hazel of course), stopping at each of our houses so we can see the puppies in person. We may be able to make a better judgement that way :thumbs up.

breeze
November 23rd, 2007, 12:32 PM
Yes please a picture of all of them together:clap: but what if we can't pick from a picture?

I say CearaQ back up momma and the 10 pups in an extended van, and travel across Canada (with a stop in Wisconsin for Hazel of course), stopping at each of our houses so we can see the puppies in person. We may be able to make a better judgement that way :thumbs up.

don't forget to ask for donations along the way ( to help with the feeding gaz that sort of thing) lol lol lol

CyberKitten
November 23rd, 2007, 12:40 PM
OMG- they are soooooooooooooooo cute!! You should send a pict to places like LL Bean who ALWAYS use goldens in their ads - those puppies would look great on any "bean" product. :)

If I did not have 4 cats, I'd love to have one. Even with 2 Sphynx Girls and the meezerettes, I am sorely tempted, lol Love labs of all kinds!!

breeze
November 23rd, 2007, 12:44 PM
Ceara what about giving belle/bella ( now which one is it)..
a couple of tespoons of yorgurt in with her food or just as a treat for the yeast??

it helps with yeasty ears maybe it would do the same for her paws????

onster
November 23rd, 2007, 01:33 PM
o.m.g. tooo cute!!! I want a puppy :sad:. More pics please!!!

CearaQC
November 23rd, 2007, 08:13 PM

Easier said than done!! :crazy: They are slippery tubby things who have way more strength than they appear to have.

OMG they are all cute, I don't think I could ever pick the cutest out of them all.

When they start to open their eyes, I'll do another round of pics. Should be any day now to start seeing eyes.

Thx for the offer for the pet supplies! I'll be sure to keep that in mind if we need anything. But the wonders of the internet! There's lots of stuff available online thankfully and I do not want to be a burden on anyone.

Thought about the yogurt... did some reading. If she has external yeast problems, she may have internal yeast problems too and yogurt might help her out... if I don't eat it all myself first. :laughing: I think my next how-to project will be yogurt. Used the anti fungal shampoo I ordered on her paws tonight, and she hasn't nibbled at them since and she usually goes bonkers on the paws after going outside in the snow to potty.

About pups on covers.. did anyone get the new Sears smaller catalog in the mail? It has a lab (I think) puppy on the front. I hate those catalogs... you order once from them and you're stuck with piles and piles of catalogs and flyers from them. Poor trees!!

Frenchy
November 23rd, 2007, 08:26 PM

Better do it fast .... soon enough they will be running all over the place :D

:mwaha:

Luba
November 23rd, 2007, 08:28 PM
Yes absolutely give her yogurt and you can add probiotics to the yogurt.
If she's a picky eater she may not want to eat the yogurt. I don't know what you have avail to you but Liberte is the BEST organic yogurt and it comes from Quebec. You and she will LOVE IT!

I wanted to just say this because we all know about those Christmas puppy stories. I would wait until well after Christmas before letting any of them go not just for their health reasons ( personally I like to see a pup stay with mom until 10/12 weeks atleast).

I can also email you some adoption questionnaires just pm me if you want them. What else, oh ya and screening adoptive families, with my experience (not to offend anyone) but younger people and those just starting families are the most frequently the ones 'wanting' but often not keeping. They have a baby, then don't want the dog or work all day, dogs home alone puppy stuck in a crate all day, very bad situation... pup ends up misbehaved because of lack of love and care and training and pup ends up either an outdoor dog or off to the shelter. Stable families should be on the top of your list for adoptive families in my opinion. Less chance of a 'return' and of a 'toy' no longer wanted. The all too often, Christmas / Valentines present is suddenly a responsibility, whoda thunk huh! LOL Anyway I'll be glad to help you screen anyone if you need it. Especially if they're in Ontario and you need me to make calls and stuff I'll gladly help you out there.

Gosh every time I look at them I want another so bad, it's so hard not to want one isn't it! Or two or three!

CearaQC
November 23rd, 2007, 09:01 PM
No way... Christmas is too early to let them go. I was figuring on second or third week of January minimum. I already had someone ask me about Christmas and I said no. If anyone is serious, they will wait.

We're going to be picky and say, the puppy MUST be fixed, have lots of interaction, exercise, discipline and fed correctly. The local vet requires vaccination before spay/neuter. Affection is easy, the other stuff takes a bit more effort as we all know. I'm usually pretty good at reading people and those who are lying or saying what I want to hear will be rejected.

Sure I'd love a questionnaire! Anything like that would be wonderful for me to pass on to the others starting the shelter. We need all the help we can get with paperwork of that sort.

Luba
November 23rd, 2007, 10:15 PM
Okey dokey I sent you an email with some application templates you can use / copy information from.
One is much more detailed then the other.

mummummum
November 23rd, 2007, 10:35 PM
Given the severity of her problem I would go to a probiotic rather than yoghurt. The bacteria culture will be higher and you'll get to the cure faster. There are lots of products out there ~ pills (drug stores and health food stores), liquid cultures (health food stores). Find the one with the highest level of culture. If it were my dog, I would feed her a human dose or more for the five days.

Luba
November 23rd, 2007, 11:28 PM
Adding probiotic to yogurt gives her the extra calcium she needs right now while nursing and it's good for the pups too.:thumbs up

I wouldn't give a human dose to her, she's nursing. The pups may get really bad diarrhea or tummy pains from and newborn diarrhea is something you want to 'avoid'. Remember whatever mom's intake the little tubsters are effected by as well. If the mom has yeast on the nipples, the pups will get it in their mouths/on the lips as well. They need to be checked for white/grey spots on the lips, roof of mouth and tongue or nose.

While probiotics help increase natural bacteria they don't kill off the presence of fungas. Either the immune system will naturally take over or a mild antifungal treatment can be applied to the nipples if she has it there and t's not improving. It is important to find out first what 'type' of yeast/fungus growth it is to determine how to treat it. Not all respond to the same treatments. And before you give anything the doc recommends I'd research it first.

You could always consult with a breeder to find out what they use that's safe and less toxic especially with moms illness lately and the pups being so young.

Luba
November 25th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Just checking to see if you had received my email with the adoption application questionnaires. Pls pm me if you haven't, maybe your hotmail acct isn't accepting my email.

CearaQC
November 25th, 2007, 03:55 PM
Yes I did! Thank you very much.

Pardon me for not saying so before now. :D

Luba
November 25th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Good to know, hope they help you.

How is mama and the little tubbies doing today?

luckypenny
November 25th, 2007, 07:05 PM
I agree with MX3 and have given human probiotics to newborn puppies directly (in their home made formula) without any adverse effects. Much more effective than yogurt for yeast and upset systems due to antibiotics IMO. I don't see a problem with adding it into mom's food :shrug: . You can start with 1/2 an adult dose for a couple of days. If you see that stools are not soft or runny (both mom and pups), you can increase to a usual adult dose and then some.

Luba
November 25th, 2007, 07:47 PM
I wouldn't give a human dose to her, she's nursing

that is what I said

CearaQC
November 25th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Tubbies are great! I'll take new pics when their eyes start opening, which will increase the cuteness factor!

Writing4Fun
November 26th, 2007, 10:37 AM
...which will increase the cuteness factor!
You mean they're gonna get cuter?? How is that even possible?? :D