Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Squirelly friends

chico2
November 22nd, 2007, 11:38 AM
Here are a few pics I just took an hour ago,I have a little box for the peanuts so the Blue-Jays don't take them all and the Squirrels are greatful:laughing:

chico2
November 22nd, 2007, 11:39 AM
A couple more..cute,eh:laughing:

Frenchy
November 22nd, 2007, 11:41 AM
A couple more..cute,eh:laughing:

I used to think so :laughing:

Lukka'sma
November 22nd, 2007, 11:48 AM
Very cute Chico, I love my squirrels so much. I always travel with a pocket full of peanuts of sunflower seeds when I walk in the woods with Lukka and we leave treats for all the little animals as we wind our way through the trails. Now that it's coolder I will add some walnuts to the mix, they just love them.

hazelrunpack
November 22nd, 2007, 04:06 PM
Squirrels are almost as entertaining as the birds--in some ways, moreso! Every time hubby brings up the subject of squirrel-proof bird feeders I change the subject. :D

chico2
November 22nd, 2007, 04:17 PM
Hazel,I had a Squirrel-proof feeder,here it is:laughing:
I don't think there is any such thing,they are too darn smart,agile and cute.

Luba
November 22nd, 2007, 04:36 PM
Ha you're just as nutty as me LOL:clown:

krdahmer
November 22nd, 2007, 09:32 PM
Oh Chico thanks! That box is a great idea!! I always get so frustrated that the blue jays take off with all the good peanuts... I'll give that a try.

Cute little fluff balls... I have a bunch that hang off the clothes line post to get at the feeders, its so close to the office and bedroom windows the cats go nuts. Fagan was staring one down today flickin his tail like crazy. The squirrels and birds get a good meal, and the cats get a show... win win!:D

growler~GateKeeper
November 23rd, 2007, 01:04 AM
Chico you've sure got a plump little squirrel who is very grateful you like to feed them :D

My mum feeds the birds in her yard putting seeds along the top of her garden fence & the squirrels chase the crows away so they don't eat all the peanuts :laughing:

chico2
November 23rd, 2007, 08:14 AM
:laughing:Growler,my 3 Crows get their own peanuts and our leftover foods,better feeding them than putting foodstuff in the garbage:laughing:
Luba,me nutty,nooooo,well,maybe a little:laughing:

clm
November 23rd, 2007, 12:25 PM
I can only feed the squirrels in the front yard now. The puppies chase them out of the back. That one grey squirrel is a real pudge, you've been feeding him well. :laughing: