Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

It's SNOWING in Ontario!!!

chico2
November 22nd, 2007, 10:25 AM
To be honest,I prefer the snow to the miserable rain we had yesterday..kitties had a bit of a culture-shock.stayed out with us for 2 min:laughing:
Here they are looking at all that white stuff,I wonder what they are thinking:cat:

BusterBoo
November 22nd, 2007, 10:33 AM
Oh yes, it is definitely snowing (Ottawa area!). Here are some pictures of yesterday morning when Buster ventured out for his morning potty!

Today we are getting another 15 cm!!!

Two more weeks and I will be sitting on a beach in Mexico!!!! :D

white wrabbit
November 22nd, 2007, 10:39 AM
we havent got ours yet:D (well that stuck around) not looking forward to it since we had snow on the ground for 7 months last year. seams like it all just melted..... just to come back again.:sad:

Love4himies
November 22nd, 2007, 11:07 AM
We have been lucky in the Kingston area so far today we had rain, freezing rain just north of us.

Love4himies
November 22nd, 2007, 11:08 AM
we havent got ours yet:D (well that stuck around) not looking forward to it since we had snow on the ground for 7 months last year. seams like it all just melted..... just to come back again.:sad:

We are planning a trip to Marmot for skiing. Doesn't look like they have too much snow yet either.

Frenchy
November 22nd, 2007, 11:13 AM
We had ice pellets last night , then snow , then rain , then ice pellets again. Doggies having a hard time walking in the yard , Nelly doesn't like it one bit :p and I'm working from home for the first time :cloud9: because of the roads , bring on the snowstorm , I don't mind anymore :D

white wrabbit
November 22nd, 2007, 11:32 AM
We are planning a trip to Marmot for skiing. Doesn't look like they have too much snow yet either.

i am sure they are in the process of making some snow.. i'm more happy about my trip to Las Vegas next week shorts weather:cloud9:

Lukka'sma
November 22nd, 2007, 11:44 AM
After what seemed like about 10 straight days of drizzle rain, finally something Lukka can go out and play in. She was thrilled with even this little bit of snow on the ground. We played for a while and then she layed in the grass and would not budge for almost 4 hours as the snow came down and covered her. She adores the white stuff

Ford Girl
November 22nd, 2007, 01:28 PM
Dazy loves it too, altho in Calgary it falls and melts all at the same time!!! She rolls in it, eats it, growls at it, there this extra spring in her step, she loves the snow and would stay out as long as she would be allowed to. :thumbs up It snowed Tuesday night, it's gone now tho.

chico2
November 22nd, 2007, 03:36 PM
Aww Lukka and Buster:lovestruck:
Bailey was really excited today too,she looks like a little bear,needs a trim,so I can get her new sweater on:dog:
We only got a miniscule amount of snow,maybe 2 cm.
White Rabbit,my son in Vermilion(2 hours east of Edmonton) Alberta said they got about 2 feet of snow the other day.

BusterBoo
November 22nd, 2007, 04:45 PM
I missed a great photo opportunity earlier!

With all the snow, of course it's a little chilly for the furbabies! Hubby came home and took Buster for his backyard run and playing with the sticks. Well......when Buster came in his tummy (and boy parts!!!) were packed with snow! I brought him in and he just STOOD.....wouldn't move...wouldn't shake.....never took a step. Once I managed to get all the snowballs off of him, he was still looking at me as if to say.....What the Hell was that???

It's going to be a LONG winter!!!

white wrabbit
November 22nd, 2007, 05:01 PM
White Rabbit,my son in Vermilion(2 hours east of Edmonton) Alberta said they got about 2 feet of snow the other day.

wow i am glad i am not there:eek:!!! i am not ready for it yet!! it can snow when i am gone next week:D

LibbyP
November 22nd, 2007, 10:49 PM
Chico the boys are saying 'WHAT THE CRAP HAPPENED TO OUR YARD?'

Lukka's on :cloud9: pure heaven

Buster HAHAHA sorry little guy it's going to be a LLLLLLLLong winter :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
November 23rd, 2007, 12:17 AM
Chico2 - :eek: Chico is allowing Vinnie to sit beside him while he's awake :laughing: Notice that Vinnie is closer to Chico than he is to Rocky :laughing:

No http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/weihnachten/xmas-smiley-035.gif here yet but it's definately been cold enough for at least part of the day/night between -2* and +7*

chico2
November 23rd, 2007, 08:06 AM
Growler,Chico is ok with Vinnie as long as Vinnie does not try to sniff him,or stares at him to long:cat:
Vinnie and Rocky are good buddies,Vinnie is Rockys protegee(sp?):laughing:
We still have a wee bit of snow,but it's a cold -8C..

breeze
November 23rd, 2007, 08:10 AM
chico does your cats not like the snow??

when we had our cat she could not wait to get outside and roll around it it !!
(like all our animals that we had and have) they just go nuts and they drive me nuts along with it :laughing:

it's -13 with the wind today and Bree is just itching to go out and play

chico2
November 23rd, 2007, 08:22 AM
Breeze,I think it was just the initial schock,I have pics of them in the snow from last year,however they do not stay out very long,probably because of the cold,they've never rolled in the snow,Chico likes to catch snowflakes though..
Makes me think of all the poor kitties out there with no warm place to go to:sad:

breeze
November 23rd, 2007, 08:26 AM
Catching snowflakes yes

Not only did my fuzbutts do that but so did I and my kids :laughing::laughing:It's so funny to watch..

Don't go there Chico you will drive yourself insane just think about your kitties the joy of your heart... and pray that for the others they will find a warm box or under a balcany that will keep them warm.. we can only do so much..

Lukka'sma
November 23rd, 2007, 01:19 PM
Buster came in his tummy (and boy parts!!!) were packed with snow! I brought him in and he just STOOD.....wouldn't move...wouldn't shake.....never took a step. Once I managed to get all the snowballs off of him, he was still looking at me as if to say.....What the Hell was that???

It's going to be a LONG winter!!!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Writing4Fun
November 23rd, 2007, 02:08 PM
It was a snow day here yesterday. My boys were sliding on our front lawn, and I was video taping it. Phoebe apparently decided she wasn't getting enough camera time, so she parked herself right in the middle of their "runway". :clown:
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/AnderiEngr/Phoebe/Still1.jpg

Here she is, having stopped for a second in between "zoomies". :dog:
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/AnderiEngr/Phoebe/Still2.jpg

(Sorry about the picture quality - these were stills taken out of the video :o ).

chico2
November 23rd, 2007, 03:58 PM
We had snowday here in Oakville yesterday,kids did not go to school,we had all of 2cm of snow:shrug:what's up with that??
This is Canada after all,any excuse to get a day off I suppose!
Love your pics W4F,looks like they had fun,both skin and furkids :thumbs up

ancientgirl
November 23rd, 2007, 06:33 PM
I miss the snow, really the change of seasons. Chico that picture of the kitties looking out the window is very sweet.