Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My cat has a very odd, and gross, habit. Help!

desirewhitefire
November 21st, 2007, 09:17 PM
I own two dogs and a cat. All three of them get along very well together. But lately, my cat has been doing something that is completely disgusting and I have no idea on how to make it stop. She pees in the dogs' water dish. She doesn't do it everyday, but she'll do it whether we're here to watch her or not. I can't keep her locked in the basement forever, and I have even bought a bucket a foot high and wide to keep her off it, but she still gets up there and I can't make it any higher or my little girl dog isn't going to be able to reach it. I tried dumping the water out and giving it to the dogs whenever they sniffed their empty dish, but she pees in it when it's empty, too. The automatic waterer I had in the beginning didn't deter her, either. She just peed in the empty basin.
I'm at a loss. Can anyone help me or give me some advice??

Thanks! Cheri

krdahmer
November 21st, 2007, 11:40 PM
That seems behavioural, but you may want to have her checked over by a vet to be sure. Could you get the raised dishes for the dogs that have no where for her to perch? And adding another litter box in another area of the house might be good too. Best of luck, that is one I haven't heard of before. :fingerscr