Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

It's a Boy!!

Toonces
November 21st, 2007, 07:41 PM
Well I can now join the ranks of foster failures, we have adopted our foster Petey from GSRT, he fits into our family fine, gets along great with my 2 girls, the cats and even our bunny, here is a pic of our new :angel:

Winston
November 21st, 2007, 07:50 PM
Hi Toonces! Nice to hear about Petey! You know I couldnt remember your name on the site here! I am Sylvia & Lorne's friend who foster for GSRT...They have Greta right now!

Was Petey always named Petey? Reason I am asking is that I am working on a Calendar to sell to raise money for GSRT and I am wondering if any of the pics might be your Petey? He looks like Reilly?? I have not offically finished working it all out yet but I am hoping it will help!

So glad to know Petey finally found his forever home?

Cindy

Toonces
November 21st, 2007, 08:00 PM
Hi Cindy, yes he looks alot like Reilly, we fostered Reilly aswell. If you need any pics I have lots of Reilly, Hank, Griffin, Petey, Jerry, Kaiser and of course Petey just say the word.

Greta looks and sounds adorable:cloud9:

happycats
November 21st, 2007, 08:07 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!:stork-baby:

He is a beauty!!! I just LOVE GSD's!!! and petey sure is a credit to his breed!!

Dracko
November 21st, 2007, 08:34 PM
Happy to hear about your failure. HeeHeeHee :lovestruck:

dmc123
November 21st, 2007, 08:44 PM
What a cutie Petey is! Congrats on your new addition!

Diane

Winston
November 21st, 2007, 08:46 PM
OMG were you Hanks forever home? What a story he had...I will contact you about pics! I have been taking them off the site so some are not really that great! I wish I had the room to foster...Sylvia and Lorne have had some wonderful dogs! I loved Shona! She was the sweetest girl! I think she is Shona now...

Cindy

Frenchy
November 21st, 2007, 09:24 PM
Congratulation !!!! He's adorable :lovestruck: I understand how you can't let him leave , just look at his face ! :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper
November 21st, 2007, 11:59 PM
Congrats :highfive: on the new addition - he's a handsome boy :lovestruck:

Toonces
November 22nd, 2007, 04:08 AM
Thanks everyone, he is such a cutie I just can't stand it!:lovestruck:

Love4himies
November 22nd, 2007, 07:10 AM
CONGRATULATIONS on your new addition!! He looks like a perfect addition.

Toonces
November 22nd, 2007, 08:27 AM
Cindy we were Hanks foster home he was adopted by a lovely man and after he passed away he adopted Reilly from us.

Petey is the perfect dog, very well behaved and ohh so sweet. He has seperation issues but we are working on that he will chew when left alone so some days we take him to daycare so he does not have to be in his crate every day. His best friend at daycare is a chi named Lola.:laughing:

Toonces
November 22nd, 2007, 08:34 AM
here are a few more pics, one of him hanging out in the office with Currie and one of him relaxing the first day he came to us.

chico2
November 22nd, 2007, 08:42 AM
Toonces,good to hear from you again and with such great news for Petey:thumbs up
He is absolutely beautiful,I can see how you failed,lucky for Petey you did,he could not find a better more caring home:thumbs up

Winston
November 22nd, 2007, 09:13 AM
Hank was a beautiful soul! Now I remember Petey! This picture of him on the website was nice!

CearaQC
November 22nd, 2007, 09:36 AM
Took me a minute to figure out why the word failure was used. :laughing:

A beautiful dog! Looks like quite a character and will bring your family much laughter and good times.

Toonces
November 22nd, 2007, 06:03 PM
Thankyou everyone he is a real charmer and that face and typical gsd head tilt gets me everytime:lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
November 22nd, 2007, 11:21 PM
He has a soulful gaze, Toonces. I can see why he won your heart!

I'm picturing him hanging out with Lola! :laughing: They must be really cute together!

Oh, and welcome to the ranks of the failed fosters. :o

LibbyP
November 22nd, 2007, 11:28 PM
What a HANDSOME boy he is!!! Oh and being part of the foster failure group has its advantages :lovestruck:

I love the two 'book ends' under the desk

Bearsmom
November 23rd, 2007, 08:07 AM
Awww, he's lovely, congrats! And many more pictures, please.

mastifflover
November 23rd, 2007, 08:28 AM
yes he looks alot like Reilly, we fostered Reilly aswell. If you need any pics I have lots of Reilly, Hank, Griffin, Petey, Jerry, Kaiser and of course Petey just say the word.

First off congrats on your new boy. I do not think you are a failure as a foster you only adopted one dog of the many you have fostered from GSRT. Petey is beautiful and looks great he obviously has done great with you and is quite comfy in his new home. I am so glad he found you. :pawprint::pawprint:

Rescue babies are the best as all of us that have one know

Toonces
November 23rd, 2007, 02:55 PM
Thanks everyone, hmmm more pics you say be carefull what you wish for! Got these last night, Petey and Brandy having snuggle time.

phoozles
November 23rd, 2007, 04:36 PM
Super cute! :lovestruck: Especially the last one! I can't wait until my two kitties get along enough to sleep together so I can take pics like that - someday, I hope! :fingerscr :)

chico2
November 23rd, 2007, 04:51 PM
Aww Toonces,that's soo sweet,how could you possibly not have kept Petey,they obviously love each other:cloud9:

Toonces
November 23rd, 2007, 07:05 PM
Chico its amazing.....Brandy usually takes awhile to warm up to a foster but Petey she feels she has to protect, (a sure sign of adopton fopr me) right now we are looking after another dog for my brothers inlaws, he is 11 yrs old and in love with petey and won't leave him alone, Petey being very shy can't handle it and she is his defender, standing inbetween them so Petey feels safe

Winston
November 23rd, 2007, 09:33 PM
Hmm! what about Greta from GSRT??

luckypenny
November 23rd, 2007, 09:46 PM
Congratulations on your 'failure' :thumbs up . What a handsome sweetie he is!