Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Toy Pomeranian

Tillyface
November 20th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Hi all. I just wanted to know if anyone on here has a toy pom. my pom is 5 years old, and has always been active and playful. the other day she went to go pee, and she made a whiper and fell back on her bum. now she is quite listless and she cannot make it up the stairs. it seems as though she is afraid of them. i am worried she has a slipped disc or something like that. does anyone know what this could be? i can take her to the vet, but i dont know if it might go away, or if it is urgent. please help me. tilly my pom and i really appreciate it.

kylben
November 20th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Take her to the vet, then come back here and look for additional help. Don't discount your instincts - if you even think it might be urgent, you shouldn't be wasting time waiting for a consensus from people on the internet.

I hope it is nothing serious, and that she's just got a bug or something, but only the vet can determine that.

SnowDancer
November 21st, 2007, 11:23 AM
I would make a vet appointment as soon as possible - I would be very afraid of a back disc problem that could worsen if not treated. I have a 22 lb. Eskimo - so "a big Pom" and a few Eskies I know of have recently sufference disc problems - which really scare me. But best to find out - could be something totally unrelated - or perhaps your pup has just pulled a muscle.