Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Guys, how often do cats poop?

Jack1337
November 20th, 2007, 06:36 AM
When I got my kitten the other day she pooped an hour later, yesterday she pooped around 7ANM or so, it's been more than 24 hours now, and she still hasn't pooped.
So, how often do cats take a crap on average?

Love4himies
November 20th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Mine average one per day.

sugarcatmom
November 20th, 2007, 07:53 AM
One a day is typical, also depends on what the cat is eating (a raw diet can result in less pooping; a high fibre dry diet :yuck: might cause more). I wouldn't worry unless it goes past 2 or 3 days and/or there seems to be straining or discomfort involved.

ancientgirl
November 20th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Mine all poop at least once a day.

Element~5
November 20th, 2007, 10:29 AM
Mine poops at least once a day too. It really depends on what you are feeding them, and how often they are being fed.

krdahmer
November 20th, 2007, 11:32 AM
Mine are pretty usual, once a day... but sometimes they skip a day either because they haven't eaten as much or stress, or when they are working on a good furball.

dmc123
November 20th, 2007, 06:13 PM
My older cats - probably once a day....so it will be a happy day when the Quads only go once daily!!! lol, I am sure they go more often, and hope that is normal for kittens - these guys are now 7 mths old--- wow!

Diane

gatorsmom
November 23rd, 2007, 11:18 PM
I have 3 cats 2 females and the youngest is a male. Oldest female is 11 and I have had her for 11 yrs. next female is 4,5,or 6, I have had her for 2 years and the male I have had for 1 yr and 10 months, none of them get along at all. But I swear if they all would each just poop once a day that would be a dream come true. But instead I think they have a pooping contest, who poops the most, who's stinks the most and etc. I have 2 litter boxes and one will be in the hooded one and another one will be in the other one and then when they are done they chase each other and then switch boxes and go potty again. Then the other one follows within 15 minutes. I feel like I am working at a poop factory. LOL :headslap:

Jack1337
November 24th, 2007, 03:03 AM
I have 3 cats 2 females and the youngest is a male. Oldest female is 11 and I have had her for 11 yrs. next female is 4,5,or 6, I have had her for 2 years and the male I have had for 1 yr and 10 months, none of them get along at all. But I swear if they all would each just poop once a day that would be a dream come true. But instead I think they have a pooping contest, who poops the most, who's stinks the most and etc. I have 2 litter boxes and one will be in the hooded one and another one will be in the other one and then when they are done they chase each other and then switch boxes and go potty again. Then the other one follows within 15 minutes. I feel like I am working at a poop factory. LOL :headslap:

XD WTF
thats awesome

mummummum
November 24th, 2007, 03:08 AM
Jack ~ you've been told before.

One last time I will tell you again.

Mind yourself.