Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

what is she trying to tell me???

muttmom
November 19th, 2007, 04:48 PM
We have a 5 yr old border collie/ beagle mix. We have had her for almost 3 years now. Yesterday she carried her full water dish from the bedroom across the house into the kitchen, spilling her water all over the floor. She has never done this before and is obviously trying to get my attention, but I have no idea why. She seems to be healthy and nothing in our routine has changed. Any ideas??

chico2
November 19th, 2007, 04:53 PM
I think she was telling you she wants her dish in the kitchen,or maybe she wanted fresh water:laughing:a pretty smart puppy:dog:

JanM
November 19th, 2007, 06:06 PM
I second Chico's read on this one.. she might also be saying "fresh cold water please"... Smart puppy is right!

Writing4Fun
November 19th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Yup! Your pup either wanted fresh water, or she wanted her dish to be where the rest of the dishes in the house are found. :laughing: :thumbs up

mummummum
November 19th, 2007, 08:51 PM
That's a new one on me! Must have been quite the sight!:laughing:

muttmom
November 27th, 2007, 02:16 PM
sorry-not much time lately.- thank you for all your responses.
she has her regular food and water dishes in the kitchen and an extra water bowl in the bedroom. her water was fresh from that morning, but maybe she did just need a COLD drink. she is always impressing me. :)

Shaykeija
November 27th, 2007, 11:29 PM
:lightbulb:canine fen shie?( Spelled that wrong) :laughing::laughing:

want4rain
November 28th, 2007, 08:09 AM
i noticed Mister wont drink out of a metal bowl unless its super fresh. the unused bird bath... any of my mixing bowls... he likes it with leaves steeping in them.... bugs floating around.... sticks hanging out.... but metal ones have to be perfectly fresh or he wont touch them.

-ashley