Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Where do all the toys disappear to?

FirstTimeOwner
November 19th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Does anyone else have a black hole for dog toys in their house? Over the past six months, several kongs, balls, and stuffed animals have 'disappeared'. Now he has no more toys and I'm going to go out today and buy more. I'm fairly sure Scotty hasn't ingested any of them and he's on a house line most of the time while supervised. Does anyone have any stories of secret toy stashes they have found and where they were hidden?

JanM
November 19th, 2007, 01:47 PM
I don't know about a stash anywhere but my two dogs can make toys disappear too! I now keep their goose (a stuffie - and their favourite) in the house where they can't reach it - I only give it them to play with then I bring it in again. We've lost balls, stuffies, kongs - you name it - and I've never found them all!

clm
November 19th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Ours don't disappear, they get destroyed. :laughing: The boys will take them outside with them too, sometimes I don't notice when they go running past me out the door.

Cindy

CearaQC
November 19th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Must be the same place all the extra socks from the laundry go!

Gazoo
November 19th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Alternate dimensions???

Writing4Fun
November 19th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Well, Phoebe's Kong will go missing from time to time. I'm presuming it's around somewhere, hidden amongst all the kids toys that are blanketing my floors. :laughing:

When it comes to treats, though, if you give Phoebe something she doesn't like or isn't in the mood for at the time, I know for a fact that she stashes them in the sofa cushions and the bed covers. :crazy:

mummummum
November 19th, 2007, 08:55 PM
Under the couch...IN the couch...behind chairs and dressers ~ it's amazing how those toys manage to run and hide like that isn't it ? :D

allymack
November 19th, 2007, 09:09 PM
we actuallly just lost another toy the other day..enzo pushed it over the edge of the basement stairs, whic of course he is to scared to go down, and i we both watched it roll down the stairs and me of course being to lazy to go get it at the time..just went and got him another toy, but when i went down to get he toy, i could not find it anywheres, i knew he hadntten it, since he has a phobia about the basement, and no one else was around to get..really mysterious if you ask me, and yes it is just like all the socks that disappear...peculiar(sp?!?! probably way off!!)

hazelrunpack
November 19th, 2007, 10:03 PM
At our house, when a Toy disappears I take a walk in the backyard and check out the Excavation Field.

Yep! There's another Kong in the sad remains of what used to be an exquisite mole tunnel... :laughing:

CearaQC
November 19th, 2007, 11:05 PM
hahaha too funny

A relative used to live with us and she had a Yorkie Terrier. That dog hardly ever ate any of her treats, yet her owner bought bags and bags of the things. I never knew where they all went. She hauled some outdoors and hid the rest in or under furniture.

Anyway, two years after they left, I kick up the recliner and what falls out? A mummified dog treat. :laughing:

otter
November 19th, 2007, 11:06 PM
I try and do toy "round-up" every day or two to keep an eye on the toy collection... Molly LOVES to take ALL the toys out of the toy basket, just to make sure each and everyone is OK :frustrated: Molly will actually let me know when toys go astray... she'll sit and bark and paw at the place where they are until I come and rescue them. She finds toys EVERYWHERE, in the chair, under the desk, in my sock drawer, under the deck, she is unbelievable! If she was younger i'd train her to be a stuffie tracker...:laughing:

Most often our toys get smaller and smaller until such time as the vacuum cleaner "eats" the crumbs :D:D