Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog Probably Stolen

Dahlene
November 19th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Hello Everyone, I just found out about this site, I would have been on months ago. It's really good to know there are people like you that care about missing pets, not "just get another one". Thanks ahead of time for your help.

Our dog 'Suzy' has been missing since July 16th, from Williams Lake, BC. We believe she has been stolen. I have attached a poster of her. Do you know of anyone who has recently acquired a dog that fits her description?

She is 70-75 lbs, about the size of a large lab, has a long tail and a white patch between the tan on her chest. She is Bernese Mtn. Dog/Lab X.

Suzy is part of our family and we want her back as soon as possible. Even though it has been 4 months, I believe she will be coming back to us. Wouldn't be the first time in our area.

Blessings, Barb

clm
November 19th, 2007, 09:50 AM
I hope you find her soon. What makes you believe she was stolen?

Cindy

Dahlene
November 19th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Our dogs got out on our housesitter the morning we came home from a weekend trip. This is a very trusted sitter. 2 came back an hour later, Suzy never returned. Due to a family emergency that day I was unable to look for her at all. Our lab tracked her to the highway the next day, but we were afraid to lose her too, so didn't allow her to continue. Our SPCA was closed due to a cat virus and their answering machine did not invite messages. That week our 1 and only animal control officer went on holiday for 2 weeks with no one to replace her. So, after postering the town, newspapers, and hundreds of hours of looking, the only likely lead turned out to be another dog. After much research I've found that a lot of dogs have just disappeared in this area. We know some get pickedup and taken out to the reserves, others just disappear. I have faxed all the reserves, the veterinarian website's lost and found, and was supposed to have been sent to all SPCAs in BC, as well as the highway 'cleanup' crew. Nobody has admitted to seeing her since that morning July16th.
Blessings, Barb

mummummum
November 19th, 2007, 08:02 PM
I hope she finds her way home to you safe and sound soon. :grouphug: