Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

enzo's first people gathering

allymack
November 18th, 2007, 07:34 AM
yesterday/today (sleepover) my neice had a sleepover birthday party (i offered because my house was bigger..and with 10 kids coming over you need all the room you can have) and it was enzos first time with a big group of people and he was actually pretty good, he only barked at the first doorbell, and not after that, he was a little excited at first..but then lost intrest in him...although the kids didnt lose interest in his..they all wants to pet him and cuddle him..all night, but it all was pretty good. ...thankfully :)

ancientgirl
November 18th, 2007, 10:35 AM
That's great that he did so well at his first big gathering. :D

Ford Girl
November 20th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Good news Allymack, I know it's hard for some dogs to settle with such high energy and people around them, one thing I do is if I see Dazy getting too hyper or pushy, she gets a quiet time out, in her xpen, she can still see people and it gives her time to chill, 5 minutes will do, it's not a punishment, just time for her to go back to a quieter state. Sometimes over stimulation creates a loss of manners. :evil:

Just a tip for the next large gathering...like the holidays coming up. :thumbs up

krdahmer
November 20th, 2007, 03:16 PM
:thumbs up:dog:

allymack
November 20th, 2007, 06:49 PM
thanks for the advice ford girl, i always love getting advice from you! but if enzo is in his crate and sees people he whines, but we are working on that, we will put him in his crate and when he sees us he will bark or whine and we ignore him, but whenhe stops we immediately let him out, so he will learn when he is calm and quiet he can come out and join us:)

Frenchy
November 20th, 2007, 07:01 PM
and it was enzos first time with a big group of people

Not only people , you're talking about 10 kids here ! :eek: Good boy Enzo ! :thumbs up

allymack
November 20th, 2007, 07:49 PM
haha well i guess 10 people is alot different then 10 kids! :laughing: but we got through it! :D

CearaQC
November 20th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Just happened to catch a agility dog competition on TV earlier today when I was browsing the news channels. I wanted to see what Bella thought about hearing other dogs on TV. She was being brushed and fell asleep and didn't hear anything, at least not that I could tell. :shrug:

Anyway in the competition was a dog named Enzo!

If anyone has Starchoice satellite, they have a fire channel now. lol

mummummum
November 20th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Allyymack ~ you are being very modest here so let me brag for you...

Congratulations~ you have taken a crazy puppy who seemed to have no impulse control and waaaay too much energy than one being should be allowed to have and given him some some serenity and self-control.

Good for you and good on ya! Ya done done good kid :thumbs up

allymack
November 21st, 2007, 05:14 PM
haha thanks mummummum i try to get rid of all of his energy, but there just arent enough hours in a day:rolleyes: enzo doesnt have too much impulse control but working on it a bit, (self control) but yes CearaQC i love to watch the agility on tv too! i watch it everyday at 4 , enzo likes too watch it too :)