Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Question about kidney stones

RossanaV
November 17th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Hi, I am new to this site. We are thinking about expanding our pet family and adopting another dog. I found a dog at a rescue site I was interested in. The site says the dog was operated on for a baseball size kidney stone and is doing well now. I am wondering if anyone knows how likely this is to recur and if it indicates any problem with the dogs kidneys or urinary tract. I have a dog with some medical issues now and although I am happy to handle them if they come up I am not sure I want to adopt another dog who will definitely have problems. The dog is a 6 year old, female, poodle mix. Small, about 15 lbs. Thanks for any advice you can give.

mummummum
November 18th, 2007, 04:11 AM
Welcome to oets.ca! May I suggest that you put your question in the Health section of our board in order to get the best number of responses?

Mcpugit
November 18th, 2007, 01:36 PM
don't know much about dogs &stones but I know for humans kidney stones are mostly made of cholesterol, and high fat and oily foods irritate them ,strict diet and paying close attention to the ingredients of the dog food you are feeding your pets would be best, sorry couldn't answer the question of if they would return don't know