Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Update on raw feeding

Helene4
November 16th, 2007, 12:06 PM
Last weekend I followed a real recipe (meat, ground bones, organs and supplements) and made a batch of raw. I used nearly 3 Kg of chicken thighs. I now have a lot of little containers in my freezer!

My 2 cats, Kira and Jadzia, have been eating raw about once a week but it was mostly beef and no ground up bones. They didn't like raw chicken when I offered it. But now the story has changed! When I finished the recipe, Jadzia hesitated; she didn't want to taste it but when she finally did there was no stopping her. She just loves it! Kira, on the other hand, would eat raw beef or pork but only a little and then it was back to the dry. Yesterday I showed her the new recipe a few times after Jadzia nearly ate everything. She sniffed and walked away. I thought to myself "I'm going to have a hard time convincing her to try this".

Well later on, she decided on her own to try it: a few licks here, a few licks there and before I knew it she was eating the last chicken pieces!

I'm not ready to totally abandon dry food but I will be serving raw more often as well as a good quality can food. Of course the 2 dogs, Mickey and Arielle, are now jealous!
Thanks for letting me share my success story!

sugarcatmom
November 16th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Woohoo! That's awesome to hear. :thumbs up :highfive:

Love4himies
November 16th, 2007, 12:20 PM
You are giving me hope to convert my kibble loving male. I think I can convert both my females, my senior with some convincing, but the younger female prefers meat to cat food.

I am going to retry after the foster kittens are gone.

Luba
November 16th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Congratulations well done!

mummummum
November 17th, 2007, 11:04 PM
As a lure...Try seared turkey necks ~ they "smell" good and are easy to chew and to digest.