Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My night from H###

JanM
November 15th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Amber was sick last night - vomited on the dog blanket in the living room - fine - clean that up (lots of it).. back to bed. Amber was sick again - this time on the rug in front of the couch - fine - clean it up - oops - just as I was reaching for a second lot - power goes out.
Fine - get a flashlight - finish cleaning that up - power still out. This was now 11:15 pm.. Amber had to go outside several times - wind
howling, house shaking - no power yet. Shadow scoots outside when I'm letting Amber in - fine, wait for Shadow to come back in.
Yup - he's in - Amber's out.. Power came back on at 1:30 this morning. Get up at 5:30 to take the dog blanket and rug to the big
laundromat downtown. Take the dogs to the beach - had a 1 hr walk in the rain. Not so bad 'cause it's 12 degrees - come home
and Yup - there's another wind warning for this afternoon!

Now I know that things will only improve from here on!

And, yes, Amber is fine today. I think she had developed a sensitivity to the particular kind of steak I was giving here - so no more of that stuff!

Ford Girl
November 15th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Jan, you are such a good fur mom, it's always tough when you are in the middle of it all, but I bet you wouldnt have even thought twice about running around in the middle of the night tending to your doggies. :lovestruck:

Need a hug Jan or a nice warm cup of mulled cidar? :D

Maybe tonight you can sleep tight....:sleepy:

Janie123
November 15th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Aren't pets fun? lol Mitzie once had to have surgery just above her eye. About 2 am,she was crying so hard, I went to the other bedroom so she could sleep with me. But,she was so upset,we ended up taking her to the emergency clinic. ($$$$$$$$). All the way home,I held her like a newborn baby. She just snored and snored. lol She was something else.:crazy::pawprint::clown:

chico2
November 15th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Aww Jan,I think most of us have been there,close to sitting down and scream bloody hell:yell:
But there is always the next day and vomit,pee or poop is forgotten,because we love them sooo much:lovestruck:

Janie123
November 15th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Yep,all is forgiven. Bonnie is aka "The Poop Machine". lol

JanM
November 15th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Thanks everyone - it is so nice to know I can rant over something like this and people here actually understand! Thank you!

TeriM
November 15th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Been there! I always feel sooooo bad for them when they puke because they always look so guilty that they messed inside even when I try and say it was ok :sad:.

Of course, cleaning up puke makes me puke so this is hubbys territory :thumbs up.

Frenchy
November 15th, 2007, 07:44 PM
people here actually understand! Thank you!

Omg do I :laughing:

I'm glad Amber is doing better :thumbs up

Frenchy
November 15th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Of course, cleaning up puke makes me puke so this is hubbys territory :thumbs up.

Lucky girl :laughing:

TeriM
November 15th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Lucky girl :laughing:

Hehe, it's really in his best interests, otherwise there would be two piles of puke to clean up :D.

I do however get stuck with all the other fun stuff (nails, ears, meds, brushing etc) but when we walk together he gets poop detail because I walk them myself the other 5 days of the week and have it then :D.

breeze
November 15th, 2007, 07:57 PM
been there done that understand it and all of us will do it again and again and again hopful not to soon

:2huggers::2huggers::2huggers::2huggers::2huggers: :2huggers::2huggers:
just for you :D janM

JanM
November 15th, 2007, 08:03 PM
been there done that understand it and all of us will do it again and again and again hopful not to soon

:2huggers::2huggers::2huggers::2huggers::2huggers: :2huggers::2huggers:
just for you :D janM

Awww - thank you!

As TeriM mentioned, they do look so guilty for messing up inside - poor little Amber. I gave her hugs and pats all night!

breeze
November 15th, 2007, 08:06 PM
I thought about trying to train her to throw up in the bathroom but that did not work so I got rid of the carpets instead,,, this way it was easier to clean up....

Frenchy
November 15th, 2007, 08:16 PM
I got a carpet cleaner machine. Used it everyday for weeks after I got Nelly !

TeriM
November 15th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Hehe, does everyone else hear the dreaded noise starting and then frantically search for something close to throw under them to catch the puke. Then of course, they always try to turn away from it and puke on the carpet instead (even if they need to walk five paces to find the nearest carpet :frustrated:).

Gotta love them :cloud9:.

Janie123
November 15th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Oh,yes! I have to move fast if Pepper (cat) pukes. then there was the time it happened so fats I managed to jump away.....when he puked on my keyboard! :eek::yuck::sad:
So,I bought a new keyboard!:crazy::wall::cool::grouphug:

JanM
November 15th, 2007, 10:22 PM
I thought about trying to train her to throw up in the bathroom but that did not work so I got rid of the carpets instead,,, this way it was easier to clean up....

I got rid of the carpets too - put lino through the whole house - then I felt sorry for the fuzbutts and put a nice soft doggie blanket on the floor so they could have a comfy lie-about :wall: Well, that's ok - because it is now nice, soft and CLEAN! Guess it needed a wash anyway :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
November 16th, 2007, 12:43 AM
Jan glad Amber's doing all better now :2huggers:

Hehe, does everyone else hear the dreaded noise starting and then frantically search for something close to throw under them to catch the puke. Then of course, they always try to turn away from it and puke on the carpet instead (even if they need to walk five paces to find the nearest carpet :frustrated:).

Gotta love them :cloud9:.

http://bestsmileys.com/signs1/17.gif Exactly!! Or in the case of cats trying to gently move them to the lino floor only to have them (Duffy :rolleyes:) stop & seem fine for a minute, then move over to the carpet & proceed to make a mess :shrug: :wall: :shrug:

chico2
November 16th, 2007, 06:44 AM
My husband graciously comes and lets me know there is vomit somewhere,there is NO way he would go near it,same we doggie-poop when we walk Bailey,but he will carry the bag after I closed it:laughing:
poop,vomit etc...does not bother me at all,as long as it is from a four-legged creature:cat::dog:
Now,people-stuff is another story:yuck: