Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New Born pups

CearaQC
November 14th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Not quite 12 hours old. The fat blondie is the first born.

I'll take more tomorrow when the lighting is better and bedding is changed. Will try to get some face pics when they aren't at the milk bar. Mom is leaking a bit but not too bad. Several pups have had their first pee and poo. Mom is very attentive. They are now all asleep and quiet, doing their little uncontrolled jerking movements. I'm tired but it's hard to stop looking.

Second pic is all 10. One is under the tubby and the other is under mom's front leg.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0007-1.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0008-1.jpg

growler~GateKeeper
November 14th, 2007, 10:39 PM
cute cute cute cute cute cute cute cute cute cute :lovestruck: :cloud9: :lovestruck:

looks like papa had some lab or flat coated retriever (like a golden but not wavy furred & come in several colours) in him (or perhaps mum does) with the yellow/chocolate/black puppies

all together how many girls/how many boys? & what colours :D

white wrabbit
November 14th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Awww so adorable!!!!!:lovestruck:

shredy
November 14th, 2007, 10:45 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I can't believe how many of them there are!! How is mom ever going to feed all of them when they are grown? :eek: She is going to be skin and bones :eek: I don't know if I would be able to sleep at all, they are soooo cute and what a good mom!I want to see pictures of her!

CearaQC
November 14th, 2007, 10:54 PM
She's already skin and bones. :sad: I offer her food constantly.

jiorji
November 14th, 2007, 10:55 PM
awww i love the tubby one:cloud9:

:fingerscr starts eating soon

krdahmer
November 14th, 2007, 11:11 PM
10!!!!!:eek::eek: They are so sweet! I hope she starts to eat more she's gonna need some energy for that bunch!!! :fingerscr

Hogansma
November 15th, 2007, 01:53 AM
:stork-baby:Awwwww!!!!!! So cute! I love their colours, looks like they are all slightly different. That will be a good thing for telling them apart. Do you have help cause you're going to need it? Thank-you for taking the Mom in :angel:.

happycats
November 15th, 2007, 05:54 AM
OMG they are so freakin CUTE!!!:lovestruck: That blonde one is a little butterball!! :D And I just love the "chocolate coloured ones"! But the black ones are adorable too.......okay I love them all!!:cloud9:

Love4himies
November 15th, 2007, 06:03 AM
That is 110% PURE CUTENESS:cloud9:

Do you know any hunters that may have meat they can donate to momma to help suppliment her feedings? She is going to be one hungry girl for the next 6 weeks.

clm
November 15th, 2007, 06:54 AM
10 adorable puppies and mom who's adorable in her own right. :cloud9:

Let's hope all the puppies thrive and mom gets back her strength soon.

Feeding a high quality puppy food to mom for a while will help her keep up with the high demands of 10 puppies.

Going to be fun watching this pack of puppies grow.:D

Cindy

badger
November 15th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Congratulations! They are ADORABLE!
Such a lucky mother to have found you in time. Out in the open, some of those puppies would probably have died, sooner or later.
Incredible how the firstborn is so much bigger. I'm betting it's a male :).

chico2
November 15th, 2007, 07:31 AM
OMG,those little innocent babies,adorable:pray:they will all be ok and mom will have the strenght to keep them healthy.
I hope your vet will check the wee ones out with no charge,seeing this was not your doing,but I guess that's not how it works.:confused:
Good luck and try to get some sleep:fingerscr

Writing4Fun
November 15th, 2007, 07:35 AM
OMG How adoreable are they?! :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
November 15th, 2007, 08:57 AM
I was way off! They are beautiful and all look very healthy.

I can't believe she had 10! That's a lot of puppies!!!:cloud9:

jennlyn
November 15th, 2007, 09:03 AM
OMG! I want one! Like I need another dog, I have 3 of my own. Lol. Good luck with them, they are too sweet and cute. I can just smell their puppy breath!:cloud9:

rjesak
November 15th, 2007, 09:50 AM
I can't stand how adorable they are!!! I totally want the little chocolate one... No! No, you have six cats - you cannot handle a dog! But I want... NOnonono!!! :laughing::rolleyes:

breeze
November 15th, 2007, 10:10 AM
they are cute as :censored: how can you stand it???

I would be doing the same as you keep watching them and watch and watch and watch.. when can you pick one up?? will mommy let you touch them or are you not supose to????

roccoisus
November 15th, 2007, 10:28 AM
toooooooooooooooooooooo:lovestruck: cute :cloud9:

white wrabbit
November 15th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Came back to look at them again.. is that a brindle one i see??

luckypenny
November 15th, 2007, 11:09 AM
I'm relieved to hear they're all doing fine. What a bunch of squishee munchkins they are :cloud9: !

Frenchy
November 15th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Omg there's so many of them ! :eek: if you look fast they look like rats :p can't wait to see them when they start running around everywhere :laughing:

Love4himies
November 15th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Omg there's so many of them ! :eek: if you look fast they look like rats :p can't wait to see them when they start running around everywhere :laughing:

I can't wait to see cearaQC when they start running around :laugh:. She is going to be going :crazy::crazy: in a few weeks!

breeze
November 15th, 2007, 11:56 AM
maybe we all should go and help her so that she won't be the only :crazy: one :D:D:D
think of the fun we will have :cloud9::lovestruck::crazy:

CearaQC
November 15th, 2007, 12:04 PM
My cat probably thinks they look like rats too! I have to be REALLY on guard because mom gets a mean look in her eyes when kitty attempts to pass by. I fear for his life really.

Mom doesn't want to come out of the box to eat. I brought her some food in the box and while she was eating she began to growl at the pups, like food aggression. She barked at one pup but didn't bite. When food isn't a factor, she's very attentive and doesn't want to be away from them long.

I cleaned her up the best I could and got a new space for her and pups by cutting two boxes and attaching them.

It's awful cloudy and yucky outside today so there's not much good light in the house but will try to get the whole doggie family in some pics since someone asked to see mom.

What's a brindle? Is that one of the brown/black pups?

Mom lets me handle all the pups and doesn't mind one bit. I can't help myself anyway. :D

Dracko
November 15th, 2007, 12:08 PM
We need more pictures!!! :goodvibes::pray:

CearaQC
November 15th, 2007, 12:09 PM
I can't wait to see cearaQC when they start running around :laugh:. She is going to be going :crazy::crazy: in a few weeks!

HAHAHAHAHA

Well in this house there are 4 adults besides me. They are all siblings of hubby. I will have help. They are all animal lovers.

Although I haven't slept for days in my own bed. :sleepy: Sex life goes bye bye when there are puppies around! :laughing::laughing:

breeze
November 15th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Although I haven't slept for days in my own bed. :sleepy: Sex life goes bye bye when there are puppies around! :laughing::laughing:

so true :laughing::D:laughing::D:laughing::D

Frenchy
November 15th, 2007, 12:43 PM
so true :laughing::D:laughing::D:laughing::D

Free contraception ! :thumbs up

breeze
November 15th, 2007, 12:51 PM
the name of it is exhaustion.. if anyone is interested

sorry we are getting off topic:sorry:

Winston
November 15th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Someone told me that a dog only has 8 nipples (teets) so they said you will need to make sure you share the nipples since you have 10 puppies????

Cindy

bendyfoot
November 15th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Bendyfoot is very sad. :sad: She cannot see cutest ever baby puppy pics because of being BLOCKED from photobucket-ey type stuff:sad:

CearaQC
November 15th, 2007, 03:41 PM
bendyfoot, ok I'll just do regular attachments. If you use Win XP, go to your firewall settings and/or cookie security settings, add in the site, and see if that helps.

Not to worry, my man is "fixed." Now that's off topic! :evil:

This dog has 10 nipples. I keep a close eye on everyone anyway. If I notice one doesn't have a full belly, I move the chubby ones and make sure everyone gets a meal.

Mom had liver for the first time today and loves it. She came out of the box for the first time since giving birth to get lovin' and attention. Her bum looks wet because this pic was taken a few minutes after I attempted to clean her up a bit.

chico2
November 15th, 2007, 03:47 PM
:laughing:They look like little piglets:laughing:
Ceara,I think you have a wonderful,strong courageous girl on your hands,after the way she lived before and now 10 puppies,she still manages to smile,maybe it's because she knows,from now on she'll have a wonderful life:thumbs up

bendyfoot
November 15th, 2007, 04:01 PM
cute cute cute cute cute cute cute!!!!!!:lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck:

Thanks for letting me get on the cute train!!!:D

Byrd
November 15th, 2007, 05:10 PM
OMG How cute!!! I loooove widdle pups :cloud9:

Are you keeping mom? Are you her forever home? I'm assuming by reading this thread that you adopted or fostered a pregnant dog.

I sooo love the brindle, very nice colouring, is it a male or female. I would love to have it, wish I could! :sad:

Luba
November 15th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Thank you ever so much for the pictures. I am all teary eyed again!! Now what's with that???

God bless you!!

I have been showing your pictures here to family, everyone is in puppy awe and we are going through the oh I want one phase now LOL

:dog: x 10 woo woo!!

shredy
November 15th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Mom is beautiful!!! Puppies are so cute!!!!!!!!! Can you please bring them to california for me? Please??

happycats
November 15th, 2007, 06:39 PM
OMG they are so so so cute:lovestruck: The 2 look like they have Shepherd colouring blac and tan with black masks? Maybe mom has GS or maybe it is was Dad.

CearaQC
November 15th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Thanks for all the wonderful replies!! Makes me feel like this is worth the effort and sleepless nights. Everyone here is amazing. :grouphug:

There are :crazy: times, but overall I think it will all be OK.

Yes, this is mom's forever home now. It's only been since November 6th when she came here. We may even keep one of the puppies. Most are male, I know two are females, but the last two I forgot to check and haven't wanted to disturb them today. They are active hungry little bottomless stomach pits and can never seem to get enough. :laughing:

I already have one person interested in a pup, and they are only 1 day old. They will be introduced to lots of people and a cat before they go to their own homes, and hopefully they can remind mom of what it is to play and have fun.

I really have zero idea what the cross of these pups are, or what mom's ancestry is. I'll give them a week and then take new pictures to compare growth for fun and see how they develop and resemble whatever breed.

wdawson
November 15th, 2007, 07:35 PM
ahh so so cute......keep all 10....then you can join the ranks of hazel and frenchy:laughing:......trust me one puppy is enough:laughing:

TeriM
November 15th, 2007, 07:41 PM
OMG, they are already soooo adorable :cloud9:. You are such a great person for taking on this huge job and I know that you will be so rewarded with endless doggy love and devotion :lovestruck:.

dmc123
November 15th, 2007, 07:53 PM
absolutely adorable!!!! 10!!!!! OMG!!!!!

more pics please!!!

Diane

Dracko
November 15th, 2007, 08:04 PM
I'll give them a week and then take new pictures to compare growth for fun and see how they develop and resemble whatever breed.

You have to be joking, right???? :yell: We can't wait a week for more pictures!!!! :pray:

And, sorry if I don't know but what's the short version of how the mom came to you?

Frenchy
November 15th, 2007, 08:34 PM
OMG they are so so so cute:lovestruck: The 2 look like they have Shepherd colouring blac and tan with black masks? Maybe mom has GS or maybe it is was Dad.

I was thinking Shepherd too .... but what about the brindles ? Boxer ?

jiorji
November 15th, 2007, 08:40 PM
awwwwwwwwwww...the one with the pink face sleeping in pic #1:lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck: CUTE!

happycats
November 15th, 2007, 08:43 PM
I was thinking Shepherd too .... but what about the brindles ? Boxer ?

Could be boxer, or pitty......or maybe there was more then one Daddy, especailly if this poor girl was tied outside, any male dog could have had their way with her :sad: those blonde ones look so labbish.

Frenchy
November 15th, 2007, 08:49 PM
So the father could be a lab/sheperd/boxer mix :eek:

happycats
November 15th, 2007, 08:51 PM
So the father could be a lab/sheperd/boxer mix :eek:

Or the father's could be, a lab, a pitty, and a boxer!!:eek::

Hogansma
November 15th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Yes, we need more pictures (as if you're not busy enough). :laughing: Just wondering if the mother dog would do well with some eggs for protein. They're not very expensive. Hope all is going well.

CearaQC
November 15th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Well I wasn't going to monopolize the forum with just my puppy pics! lol

Mom is getting eggs. I got her some liver. And some meat from our suppers. Pretty much anything she wants at this point because she's so thin. I also put warm water in puppy food because she doesn't want to eat it dry. I'm even being a servant and bringing her food/water to the box because she doesn't like to be away from it much and it's the only way I can get her to eat now. I hope this special treatment doesn't turn into a behavioral issue down the road. :laughing:

Luba
November 15th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Mom is getting eggs.... I thought it was pups, she is a dog right LOL

:clown:

Bearsmom
November 17th, 2007, 11:44 AM
Well I wasn't going to monopolize the forum with just my puppy pics! lol

Ooooh, no, you go right ahead! They're beautiful!

allymack
November 17th, 2007, 02:08 PM
aww! they are too cute!:cloud9::lovestruck: we definately need more pictures!, are you going to keep any?...if i kept one i would have to keep them all haha:rolleyes: which wouldnt be so bad i mean 10 puppies a mom and a dad.(..? if you own him) that would be a nice little pack :)

CearaQC
November 17th, 2007, 02:29 PM
They are all too cute.

If we could afford to feed all 10, then we would!! lol Thinking of keeping one for sure, the chubby white/pale first born male.

Now accepting donations to maintain a pack of 11. ROFL!! :laughing: :laughing:

:dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:

CyberKitten
November 17th, 2007, 02:42 PM
OMG, how cute they all are, mama included!!!!! Wow!!!! They are ADORABLE!!!!

hazelrunpack
November 17th, 2007, 03:04 PM
They are all too cute.

If we could afford to feed all 10, then we would!! lol Thinking of keeping one for sure, the chubby white/pale first born male.

Now accepting donations to maintain a pack of 11. ROFL!! :laughing:

:dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog: :dog:

http://foolstown.com/sm/obm.gif

They really are cute, though. :lovestruck: And they all look so healthy! You and Mama are doing a great job!

Liver is great food for building blood! :thumbs up

happycats
November 18th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Your going to keep the cute little butterball!!!:cloud9: That's great!! Any names yet?

CearaQC
November 18th, 2007, 02:40 PM
I nicknamed the black female "Cruiser." She's quite the box traveler and one of the more vocal ones, and chubby! I observe them a couple of hours a day just to see how they all act. Some are easy going, while others are more fussy, liking one particular position at the milk bar and no other teat will do. When mom leaves the box, lots of complaining!

Just noticed yesterday, some of them have 5 pads/claws on the back feet, and the others don't.

All of them are just so darn loveable... hubby said yesterday something about keeping 2 puppies instead of 1!! haha He's getting hooked too I guess. We haven't made up our minds yet. It will all be dependent on whether we can afford to feed 3 dogs.

On Wednesday I'll take more pictures for a 1 week birthday.

Here's a puppy moment I caught yesterday

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0001-8.jpg

Luba
November 18th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Just noticed yesterday, some of them have 5 pads/claws on the back feet, and the others don't.

What do the others have? Any webbed little feeties you can see?

That belly pic is priceless,oh what a life....:cloud9:

Tommysmom
November 18th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Puppy paws! :lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck:I just love teeny tiny puppy paw pads, they're one of the cutest little things... I just want to kiss every little pad. They are just truly adorable, no matter what kind of daddy they each had:cloud9:.