Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Those two kittens are driving me nuts at night.

ancientgirl
November 14th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Those two can't pass by each other without play fighting. They've managed to figure out they can climb up on my bed, and what do they do? They fight with my legs or themselves. Sheesh!

Last night I had to get them down from the bed several times until I think they got the message that you can be on the bed, as long as A) you don't attack mommy's feet, and B) you don't attach each other.

I remember Vlad and Oksana used to do this but I managed to get them to stop by taking them down from the bed as soon as they started fighting. They rarely do this anymore now, but when they do, I do the same thing, get both of them off the bed.

LOL, it feels a little weird waking up to something wiggling on your stomach, only to find out its two kitties playing.

krdahmer
November 14th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Too cute... my guys have learned not to wrestle on me anymore... but my bed is so big there is plenty of room beside me! :rolleyes: They don't do it while I'm sleeping though. They are so thoughtful. :laughing:

Jim Hall
November 14th, 2007, 10:37 AM
:laughing::laughing:

well thats kitty for ya what like you think your gonna get a nights sleep
fahgetaboutit

Love4himies
November 14th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Sorry, can't offer any advice because all my kitties sleep at night :angel:, but want to say: Oh the suffering you are going through, two beautiful kittens playing on your tummy, what a horrble thought:rolleyes:, must be torture! Be honest, you have a smile on your face when you wake up and look them in the eyes I torture my foster kittens with kisses when they jump up on the counter or table, maybe that would work with yours :shrug:.

You could try threatening to send them back to where you found them

ancientgirl
November 14th, 2007, 10:45 AM
LOL, I have to admit, it is cute, but not at 3 o'clock in the morning:frustrated:

I'm telling you, my goal for next year is to get a king sized bed. Heck, they can all wrestle all they want, on their side of the bed.

krdahmer
November 14th, 2007, 10:48 AM
See now you're gettin it! :laughing: It is their bed now... not yours... much easier to move over.

ancientgirl
November 14th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Oh yeah, especially now with 4. There was some room with the two, but I've got a full sized bed, and right now its FULL of kitties. :laughing:

I have to say, I love that they want to sleep with me, just so long as they aren't moving.

Love4himies
November 14th, 2007, 11:18 AM
I'm telling you, my goal for next year is to get a king sized bed. .

Now you can join the ranks of us who have purchased king size to keep our pets happy. It doesn't work though, there is just more empty space on the bed, the kitties still cuddle you no matter how large the bed.:D

ancientgirl
November 14th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Oh I don't mind the cuddling. Oksana sleeps very close to me once she gets in bed. She usually winds up in my bed at some point. I'll wake up and feel something very warm next to me and I know its her. :cloud9:

Vlad usually sticks to my pillow side, but now and then he'll be next to me or at my feet.

But it would be nice I have a big bed where we can all stretch out. :D

rjesak
November 14th, 2007, 03:59 PM
My kitties don't fight on the bed so much but I have hard floors in my bedroom and they have a knack for finding things that scrape, or clunk, or sound like trucks driving by... And the tiniest little things too - last night they found a screw and I had to get up at two in the morning to go find it and hide it under my pillow.

I also have about twenty hairbands in my pillowcase because Storm likes to play fetch. She keeps bringing them back and tormenting me until I hide them from her - hiding them UNDER the pillow is no longer good enough. She figured that out in a trice and just kept shoving her head under there trying to get at them!

Man, I love kitties!!! :-)

ancientgirl
November 14th, 2007, 04:17 PM
My kitties don't fight on the bed so much but I have hard floors in my bedroom and they have a knack for finding things that scrape, or clunk, or sound like trucks driving by... And the tiniest little things too - last night they found a screw and I had to get up at two in the morning to go find it and hide it under my pillow.

Man, I love kitties!!! :-)

Yes, I have hard wood on my bedroom floor too, hence why I am going to put carpet tiles instead. I've woken up many a night to hear someone playing with something. Not to mention, Kiska and Maks are constantly wrestling, and I can hear that.

The hard wood is nice, but I'd rather have quiet floors. Besides, the carpet tiles aren't permanent and don't damage the floors so its an easy fix.:D

chico2
November 14th, 2007, 04:47 PM
My cats luckily sleep all night,but I wake up every morning by Chico growling,he'll be on my bed, Vinnie and Rocky underneath waiting for Chico to come down,this morning I was up at 5:30 waaay to early.:yell:
Is there anywhere you could put the little guys for now,Oksana and Vlad can still sleep with you..

Dracko
November 14th, 2007, 05:46 PM
I can relate. After having older cats for so many years when I adopted Ginkgo (she's just over 2 now) I didn't sleep for months. She would play all night. And, if she wasn't playing she was sleeping ON my head! I'd wake up and not be able to move my neck.

She calmed down somewhat and then I got Smitty. BOTH of them played. Then just as they were simmering down and sleeping at night I got the 2 kittens. They aren't ovely bad when I'm sleeping actually. Better than Ginkgo was. But it's still much different than having older cats that just sleep all night.

dmc123
November 14th, 2007, 06:01 PM
I too can relate!!! Imagine 4 young ones! Some nights are really rough!!!

Diane

Winston
November 14th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Ancientgirl! your just gonna have to get them their own rooms! :laughing: Eventually they will learn to sleep when you sleep! but lots of time before that happens!

Cindy

ancientgirl
November 14th, 2007, 06:33 PM
When I was in need of moving, I really wanted a 2 bedroom place, just to let them have a room. LOL, but unfortunately I couldn't afford it.

I unfortunately can't put the two little ones anywhere. I could let them sleep in the big carrier but its not big enough for 2 kitties AND a small litter box And since I live in a loft apartment, I have no door on my bedroom. The stairs lead up right into my room. I can't shut them in the bathroom because the big litter box is in there and Vlad and Oksana use that one at night. I can't make them suffer and run downstairs LOL.

It looks like I may just have to deal until they get a little older. Hopefully it won't take long for them to get used to the sleep patterns around here.

CyberKitten
November 15th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Kittens eventually do adjust to your schedule - they are like human babies - and actually, the learn faster than human babies to adjust to your schedule, lol I know it can be a little annoying but I am sure they will be perfect (MOST of the time very soon, lol).

For some reason - and I have no idea why since it is a different situation - this reminds me of when I was a young undergrad and came home from univ and had to look after my older sister's home (She was by then married, out of grad school and pondering a job with another university and being a sib, I was anxious for her to well ,move, lol (I did love her - it's just I was a teenager and was anxious to be for a small time ionl y life the only girl left at home, lol) ) This was the holidays and it being NYears's Eve, I had - being young and foolish - drank more than my limit (which is not much to start with, a couple of drinks and I am not at all well the next day!!I used oi really admire those who could drink quite a bit and be just fine the next day - that never happened to me, ever!) Anyway - she had at the time 5 cats. And I had a rescued kitty and her 4 kittens I was caring for so that made nine. (6 cats, 4 7 wk old kittens)

I awoke the next morning and she was - like me - an eco friendly sort even before it was a trend. Her thermostats were all at what felt like 0 tho I am sure it was a bit higher. It was something like -20 or more outside! And that might even have been F, lol

However, I knew I could not stay under the covers - however warm that was- made warmer by 9 felines all on top of me or underneath in the case of mama and the kittens. (Sounds like the potential name of a rock band- mama and the Kits, lol) I never much care for the name of that band "The Stray Cats, given that there really is no such entity as a "stray" cat - but ones who have been thrown out, or lost or feral as a result often of the former actions). The Feral felines might have worked better but they never asked my opinion, lol

Anyway- I had a pounding headache - had yet to know all the secrets I do know about curing headaches - but knew all nine kitties, esp the kits!- given that it was late and past breakfast, need to be fed and were wondering what my problem was anyway. (I was typically very good at being on time so I have always thought they were cutting me some slack that day, heheh) So, it was feeding time and they ate, I had probably nothing (now I know I should have drank tons of fluids, the way I felt I needed an IV of dextrose , D5W, lol). It was SO cold outside that the smart cats - and the kittens, who do learn quickly from their mamas - all jumped back into bed and since I was suppose to be somewhere for NY dinner but only later, I joined them and we all snored and purred our way through New year's Day, lol (Until dinner at grandma's in which case all 9 cats and kittens came to dinner as well.) There is NOTHING warmer on a cold day than a plethora of felines in bed with you. :D

growler~GateKeeper
November 15th, 2007, 12:23 AM
LOL, it feels a little weird waking up to something wiggling on your stomach, only to find out its two kitties playing.

:laugh: :laugh: at least it's only kitties :laugh: :laugh:

CyberKitten
November 15th, 2007, 12:30 AM
OMG Growler, lol :D

growler~GateKeeper
November 15th, 2007, 12:38 AM
:sorry::offtopic: I don't remember who but a member once posted about their cat chasing a mouse across the bed & their face :eek: in the middle of the night & Ancientgirl's quote reminded of that :D

end of :offtopic: back to regularly scheduled discussion :D

ancientgirl
November 15th, 2007, 09:07 AM
OMG, I think I'd have a heart attack if mouse was running across my face.

I have to say, Cyberkitten, you are correct. There is nothing like a warm purring kitty in bed with you.

Kiska and Maks did very well last night actually. When I finally went to bed, they both were very calm. Vlad stayed down on the floor for a while as he sometimes does, and Oksana was MIA. When I turned the lights on, Kiska and Maks jumped on the bed, and I waited. LOL, nothing happened. They both settled in and slept all night. Vlad jumped in bed at some point and so did Okana, so I had 4 very quiet cats in bed. Of course all changed at around 5:30, but that's normal.

So far I'm noticing that Maks is a kitty that needs a little more reassurance than the others. I'm guessing its probably because of what he went through before I brought him home. But he's doing very well and playing with Kiska and Vlad and Oksana very well.