Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Why, oh why does my cat...

JanM
November 13th, 2007, 09:58 PM
insist on sleeping where I sit or on my side of the bed???? Is this a kitty thing in general?

I think its actually quite funny - when Shadow goes to sleep on my bed during the day - he sleeps on the far side of the bed. When its time for me to go to bed - where is he? Yes - right where I want to be.

When I get up from the couch to get something and return - where is Shadow? Yes - right where I sit.

I swear cats are a law unto themselves! :D When I ask him to move he does but he sure tells me off while he's doing it - meowing and crying as if he was being evicted!

Poor Shadow - I hope I'm not accused of inhumane treatment by making him move his little self :laughing:

hazelrunpack
November 13th, 2007, 10:28 PM
I have eight dogs with the same delusions of grandeur...

"Whaddya mean this is your bed, Mom?! Does it look like your bed!?" :dog:

:rolleyes:

:o

jiorji
November 13th, 2007, 11:48 PM
I swear cats are a law unto themselves! :D When I ask him to move he does but he sure tells me off while he's doing it - meowing and crying as if he was being evicted!
Poor Shadow - I hope I'm not accused of inhumane treatment by making him move his little self :laughing:

oh geez.,..i can't even read this thread without tearing up:sad::yell:

my Twiggy likes to sleep between my legs...umm let me rephrase that:o...i sleep on my stomach with one leg bent so she sleeps on that bent leg and if it falls asleep and i move a bit she gets up all huffy puffy that i squirm too much and she can't sleep:rolleyes:

growler~GateKeeper
November 14th, 2007, 01:30 AM
insist on sleeping where I sit or on my side of the bed???? Is this a kitty thing in general?

I think its actually quite funny - when Shadow goes to sleep on my bed during the day - he sleeps on the far side of the bed. When its time for me to go to bed - where is he? Yes - right where I want to be.

When I get up from the couch to get something and return - where is Shadow? Yes - right where I sit.

Seems to me like a kitty thang in general :D Same thing w/Duffy & :rip: Mischief :cat: too :cloud9:

Shadow's just keeping your spot :cloud9: warm for you is all ;) :p :angel: :cat: :rolleyes: :D :laughing:

chico2
November 14th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Kitties do it because they can:laughing:Rocky does the same,if I leave the table to get something during dinner,out of nowhere there's Rocky on my chair,if I put any clothing out,poof there he is lounging on my clothes:laughing:
He's stopped sleeping in my bed,he now expects me to make him a nice bed beside my bed out of my housecoat,there probably is something about your smell that makes them seem comfy:cat:

Love4himies
November 14th, 2007, 07:44 AM
my Twiggy likes to sleep between my legs...umm let me rephrase that:o...i sleep on my stomach with one leg bent so she sleeps on that bent leg and if it falls asleep and i move a bit she gets up all huffy puffy that i squirm too much and she can't sleep:rolleyes:

:laughing: That is where my cat sleeps too. I get so cramped up at night because I was told it is abuse to interrupt kitties sleep! This is the same cat that jumps on the chair as soon as hubby or I get up. I think she is saying, "you got up, now it's mine and you can have it back when I jump down, and thanks for keeping it warm for me".

Janm: :eek: You make your kitty move??? Isn't there some floor space you can sit on so you don't disturb him? No wonder he meows, poor guy :sad:

Jim Hall
November 14th, 2007, 08:26 AM
most of my cats slept on the bed until i rolled over one to many times on them my current cat du wont lay in her bed with a balnket over it till i have some of my scent on it

ancientgirl
November 14th, 2007, 08:35 AM
That's like when you're reading something and they sit on it. I wake up in the middle of the night sometimes and find either Vlad or Oksana sleeping between my legs. It's uncomfortable because I usually sleep with my legs bent, so to not wake them I have to keep my legs straight until they move. LOL.

JanM
November 14th, 2007, 09:21 AM
:laughing:
Janm: :eek: You make your kitty move??? Isn't there some floor space you can sit on so you don't disturb him? No wonder he meows, poor guy :sad:

OOPs - I just knew I'd be blamed for animal abuse by making him move :laughing::laughing:

krdahmer
November 14th, 2007, 09:43 AM
:laughing: I'm glad I'm not the only one fighting for a little space! You should try doing a crossword with my Buddy sometime... Lays on the clues, bites the pen every time it moves... :rolleyes:

Frenchy
November 14th, 2007, 11:42 AM
My cats don't use my bed ..... there's usually a 100 pound golden right in the middle of it when we get ready for bed :shrug:

rjesak
November 14th, 2007, 02:23 PM
My cat Oscar's favorite chair is whichever one I'm using at the time. I sometimes work from home and I'll get up for two minutes to get a glass of water and when I get back Oscar is sitting in the chair looking at me (and usually purring like a house on fire).

He's also good at knowing where the most inconvenient spot is. When I'm grading papers, he always camps out on the ungraded stack - not the stack I'm done with! :laughing: