Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Back!! No Body Missed Us...

want4rain
November 13th, 2007, 01:13 PM
least of all the kids.

Chris and i went on 'vacation' this weekend. it was miserable. im glad Chris and i find all we need in each other cause we did NOT find it in Gatlinburg. i wont even go into the details. the only 3 positive things were this: we spent $25 when it was all said and done (thanks to the Rents for some cash!!!), the drive was amazing!!! fall colors out in full, beautiful display for us. :) and the Ripley's Aquarium was all i could have asked for and more. i could gush about the cuttle fish for hours.. cause thats abotu how long i stood there watching them.

all other moments were a nightmare filled with poopy smelling hotels, harassing salesmen and blinking lights AND NO BOOZE!! all i wanted was a margarita that first night... *sigh*

when we got home, Mister dug up one of my butterfly bushes cause mom left him outside most of the time we were gone. she left my tank lights on for 3 days straight. those of you with fish know how horrible (on so many levels) that is. i found more than a dozen candy wrappers all over the place.... Cailyn almost fell asleep at piano lessons last night. :) mom vacuumed up all the fuzz balls and mopped my kitchen so that was fantastic!!

my violets were chewed to pieces along with the corresponding barf piles. :rolleyes: thanks Shadow!

Mister must have been soooo happy to see us because he has been a PERFECT angel!!

Frances has been kind of weird. she didnt come running for dinner last night and only ate a few bites. this is very very unusual for her!!

all in all, it was really nice to get away from the kids and pets though feel like we worked harder and stressed more on the vacation than we did finishing the upstairs bathroom. :rolleyes:

what was the lesson on all of this?? when we go on vacation next, we will just swap houses with someone. im totally pooped.

-ashley

Writing4Fun
November 13th, 2007, 01:30 PM
:grouphug: I can sooo sympathise with you! :laughing: My suggestion ... next time you and SO need some alone time, send the kid(s) and pet(s) to Grandma's house and you two stay home! :thumbs up

Jim Hall
November 13th, 2007, 01:53 PM
:grouphug: I can sooo sympathise with you! :laughing: My suggestion ... next time you and SO need some alone time, send the kid(s) and pet(s) to Grandma's house and you two stay home! :thumbs up

good idea

Janie123
November 13th, 2007, 02:23 PM
We left Gatlinburg after 10 minutes. My husband couldn't stand it. We had more fun seeing the outlying areas and finding some great restaurants. Cherokee,NC was very depressing. It wasn't at all like the days of my youth. I could almost feel the bad attitude of people there. We were simply tourists they needed to get money out of.
It was sad. :(