Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Re: Thread ??

cattoy
November 13th, 2007, 01:02 AM
HI All, I dont know what a 'thread' is, but I bet I will find out. I'm new here. I wanted to ask about my elderly cat. Sabrina is 19 yrs old at least. I've had her 12 yrs. She is very thin. I try not to worry. She eats well. drinks well. She jumps up on my counter (which is ok, I dont cook) & she uses the litter box. She even goes into my basement for a litter box . I have one upstairs (another story) so I feed her wet food as often as she wants and dry food is always available.

I check her to make sure she is breathing every time I pass by - she is loving - sleeps on my bed. and in general is FINE - just old. it is just stressful wondering if every day will be her last.

shredy
November 13th, 2007, 01:12 AM
It sounds like you love your girl very much. If you need some peace of mind you can take her to the vet for a check up. As our furry kids get older they should be seen at least yearly for bloodwork and an exam to make sure there isn't anything we can do to make them more comfortable.

A thread is the post you just made and people will answer your questions in the thread. Welcome!

growler~GateKeeper
November 13th, 2007, 01:20 AM
I agree w/Shredy, also be sure she gets a urinalysis with her full panel blood work.

welcome to pets.ca :)

CearaQC
November 13th, 2007, 05:11 AM
My parents have two cats that are both a little over 20 years old. The cats don't do much any more other than eat and lay around looking pretty. Both saw their vet the other day and got good reports. One of them is a cranky old fart. He's funny. Last time I went to visit he hissed at me because he hadn't seen me in years but after he hissed I said his name and all of a sudden he remembered me. lol

It's not that rare to have an older cat, but we always miss them when they pass over.

Thread is one of those internet terms. It usually means a post on a forum like this one, where it's listed separately and people can reply to your post. The combination of the original post (OP - this could also refer to 'original poster') and the replies is what makes up a thread. And like a real thread, it keeps everything together in a nice weave of conversation.

Do you have pics of your cat?

hazelrunpack
November 13th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Welcome, cattoy! Sabrina sounds like she is a well-loved kitty. :grouphug:

I'll second CearaQC's request for pictures! I hope you have some you can share with us! :D

Love4himies
November 14th, 2007, 07:27 AM
Welcome and I third for pictures!

To set your mind at ease a wellness blood panel should be done by your vet. It will give you a snapshot of her health. As you know with health issues, ignorance is not bliss, best if there are any issues to know sooner is better.