Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Motivation...right now lacking

Rottielover
November 12th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Hey guys, as most of you know I am in the middle of my weight loss journey.
Well I am 1/2 way there, and I am hitting a depressing plateau.
In three weeks the scale has not moved, and last month only 2 inches have been lost.
What can I do to remotivate myself.
Kinda depressing...

Frenchy
November 12th, 2007, 08:11 PM
It's turning into muscles , so that's why it's not showing on the scale. You've come so far ! :thumbs up Don't get depressed about it , scales are :evil:

Rottielover
November 12th, 2007, 08:13 PM
That's the thing, not only the scale has not budged, the inches are not going down either. normal inch lost per month is approx 6 1/2 inches, so a merely 2 is kinda discouraging :(

Frenchy
November 12th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Here's something that will make you feel better ...

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=46512

Winston
November 12th, 2007, 08:19 PM
Rottielover! Dont get discouraged..I rode my bike up and down the mountain access this summer everyday to loose only 10lbs..Last summer I walked it up and down and I lost 35 lbs..I realise I was building some muscle but it was discouraging because the biking is so much more of a workout! It has such an incline that I could not bike the whole way back up and I tried all summer!

What you could do is increase your physical activity by adding some more cardio or even a treadmill...or even just increase whatever activity you are doing now by 1/2 hour and see what progresses!

Good Luck but dont get depressed..your body has plateaued and now you need to do something to shake it up!

Cindy

coppperbelle
November 13th, 2007, 07:05 PM
sounds like you have reached a plateau. It can be tough but it will start to come off again. Don't be discouraged and keep up what you are doing. It will come off.

Rottielover
November 13th, 2007, 07:13 PM
This plateau really sucks....
I am going to force something to come off, LOL

wdawson
November 13th, 2007, 07:37 PM
ah keep at it,you will hit your target.....i did....over the summer i went from 155lbs to 169lbs.....too many coronas i guess...:laughing:

CyberKitten
November 13th, 2007, 08:29 PM
I am at a plateau as well but I blame it on a lot of stress just now. 9I have to have some excuse, it is not me eating more, lol) tho truthfully, I am eating much less and being good - it is just one of those typical periods all dieters hit. I would not worry too much. Keep at it, treat yourself in some way for not gaining weight - never mind worrying about losing just now.

I love buying new clothes - esp in Junior sizes I have not got into since high school, lol That makes me feel good. If you are not at that kind of measurement yet or that is not your goal (I was small when I began and had a head start by losing a lot of weight due to illness tho I knew from experience and courses in nutrition than weight lost fast is usually gained all back and then some. So I vowed NOT to gain it back and did not. I celebrated that even!).

So, celebrate the good things. Don't allow the things you think may be negative bother you - you have LOST weight or not gaining any so that is important. Do not expect the impossible. Buy a new dress or coat or something you could not get into before. That does SO much for your ego!!

Good luck!! :highfive:

Frenchy
November 13th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Here's something that will make you feel better ...

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=46512

did you look did you look did you look ??????? Your kids are stars !

joeysmama
November 16th, 2007, 06:31 AM
When you hit a plateau sometimes you need to completely change everything to "shock" your body into action. You might want to change your workouts. If you were biking, start swimming. If you were doing all aerobic stop that and concentrate on weights for a week and then add back some aerobic activity.

Mini meals can be a big help. Instead of 3 meals a day eat 5 mini meals.

Try food combining options. If you eat proteins and carbs at the same meal they don't digest as easily. Proper digestion can be a fantastic aid to weight loss. Try this.

Eat fruit for breakfast. For lunch eat some type of protein with a big salad or grilled veggies. For instance, grilled fish and a tossed salad. Or tuna salad on mixed greens. Just don't put it on bread. Or a piece of chicken with grilled veggies, or steamed veggies, or even canned veggies (Not corn or carrots though--they're starch) Then for dinner have a rice, or pasta dish. Just don't put protein in it. Pasta in marinara or paella. Something like that.

Another tip. Drink water all day but stop about 15 minutes before you eat so you don't dilute your digestive juices. Also if you can wait an hour after eating that's a good thing. (A little harder to do if you're eating mini meals though)

Guess what I do for a living? LOL !! I'll be happy to help you out if you want. I can send you a couple healthy recipes or whatever.