Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My pets

jennlyn
November 12th, 2007, 03:18 PM
My name is Jenn and I am new to the forum. I just wanted to share some pictures of my pets.
I am sad to say that my striped blue cichlid, Zebrilla, killed my orange cichlid, Orangus, yesterday. I had Orangus for over a year and Zebrilla for a little over 8 months. I haven't had any problems out of them fighting and just happened to see that Orangus didn't look so good the day before. This was a good pic so I wanted to share anyway.
China is my queen of the house, she is a siamese/ himalayan mix and almost 2 years old. She had 6 kittens that are 7 weeks old now.
Brady Boy, our golden retriever, was a gift from Santa for my oldest daughter 5 years ago.

jennlyn
November 12th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Rudy is my 2 yr old Shih Tzu. We adopted him this spring when his family's house burned down. He is the best house dog I could ever ask for and as you can see, he lets my daughters dress him up and play baby.
Skittles is the new addition to our family, he is an 8 month old silky terrier. He is a lot more work than I bargained for, but I am up for the challenge.

ancientgirl
November 12th, 2007, 04:15 PM
How cute that Rudy doesn't mind playing dress up.

And Skittles has some ears to grow into.:D

Lukka'sma
November 12th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Nice looking family you have there

Ford Girl
November 12th, 2007, 05:14 PM
That's alot of critters!!! Very cute, especially the golden. :cloud9: :D

CearaQC
November 12th, 2007, 06:00 PM
ooh ooh Cichlids!!!!! omg!

I used to have a 50 gal tank with some Lake Malawi Cichlids. I sure do miss them. They are awesome fish!!

Have you tried the South American Cichlids? My fave was always the juliochromis.

Lovely family you have there! Thanks so much for sharing the pics!

dmc123
November 12th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Nice looking bunch....welcome. Thanks for posting the pics of all.

Diane

rainbow
November 12th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Great looking fur family you have there. :lovestruck: I hope we're getting pics of Chinas babies too. :fingerscr :D

jennlyn
November 13th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Thanks everyone for the welcome! This is the first time I have had Cichlids and yes they are a lot of fun, I didn't realize how aggressive they could be though.

I wanted to put some pictures up of China's babies, so here they are!

jennlyn
November 13th, 2007, 10:16 PM
China is such a good mommy!!

12Paws
November 14th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Aww they are adorable. I hope they all go to great homes. I missed the kitten stage with our cat. She was a feral kitten (vet estimated between 10-12 weeks old) when we trapped her (someone dropped her off most likely) and it took several months for her to turn into the big babydoll she is now and by that point, she wasn't a kitten any more lol.

Love4himies
November 14th, 2007, 11:58 AM
That is quite a family you have lol.

Oh the kittens are so cute :cloud9:. Will momma be getting spayed when they are weaned?

ancientgirl
November 14th, 2007, 12:04 PM
What an absolutely adorable bunch. That little black one reminds me of Vlad when he was about that size.

jennlyn
November 14th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Thank you. We hadn't planned on China having any kittens. She is strictly an inside cat, but got into our basement without our knowing 1 day. From there she got outside, we found her the next day and never thought that it was a possibility for her to get with kittens since she wasn't in heat. But before we knew it there was no mistaking her pregnancy. And I read up that she didn't have to be showing signs of being in heat to get pregnant, I will never make that mistake again. But yes, we plan on getting her spayed soon. We would have earlier but have 2 girls who were on the swim team with a lot of expenses. And yes we are making sure they get good homes, we have found 2 homes already and we know that they are going to be taken very good care of.
They have been a lot of fun and we might be keeping 1 of the kittens because China went around for 2 days calling for the 1st kitten that left. It was very sad, I almost had to have them bring it back so that she could see it was alright, lol.

Jim Hall
November 14th, 2007, 02:14 PM
my word look at those blue eyes!!!