Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ziglet does scratchy

marko
November 11th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Caught Ziglet in mid-'scratchy' last week.
As you can see, he sure does love his cat tree.

Ah my boy....:D

growler~GateKeeper
November 11th, 2007, 08:05 PM
:laughing::laughing: :D

"What are you lookin' at? This is my tree, you go get your own!" :D

JanM
November 11th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Oh boy - it wouldn't take much to get lost in those big blue eyes of his! He is a beautiful boy!

hazelrunpack
November 11th, 2007, 08:26 PM
He really does have the most remarkable eyes, Marko! :lovestruck: Are they that vibrant in real life or was that a quirk of the camera?

Stacer
November 11th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Such a pretty boy! I think I've only seen him dressed up!

marko
November 12th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Thanks so much for the compliments on my boy.

And yup his eyes ARE that blue and vibrant - no camera tricks involved. :D

ancientgirl
November 12th, 2007, 09:39 AM
He's so beautiful, and has such a sweet face! I wish mine would take to their scratching posts instead of the furniture.:frustrated:

rainbow
November 12th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Awwwwww Ziglet. :cloud9:

Is he getting a new scratching post for Xmas? :D

Frenchy
November 12th, 2007, 08:51 PM
He's a beauty ! :lovestruck:

Love4himies
November 13th, 2007, 12:41 PM
:cloud9::lovestruck:

Ford Girl
November 13th, 2007, 01:32 PM
So cute!!! He loves the camera eh? Or rather he seems to. :lovestruck:

CyberKitten
November 13th, 2007, 04:13 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! That's a wonderful picture Marko!! I can think of so many cutlines or captions - like "What? Can't you see I am otherwise engage?" or "What! Another picture!" or "I told you I was not ready for my closeup yet. I need to scratch."

Thx for sharing Ziglet - what a beautiful cat!! (Granted, I am partial to meezers, lol)

chico2
November 13th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Marko,he is just stunning,jewel-like eyes:lovestruck:
You cat-tree looks like mine,well used:laughing:it certainly does not add to the decor of the house,the kittys don't agree though..

cpietra16
November 13th, 2007, 05:48 PM
beautiful eyes...how do you not get red eyes???

dmc123
November 13th, 2007, 06:21 PM
I so agree with all - he is a beautiful cat!

Diane

wdawson
November 13th, 2007, 07:13 PM
marko....another nice shot,you have kitty pics down to an art:thumbs up

marko
November 13th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Wow thanks so much for the compliments everyone!
Both Ziglet and I are blushing :o but you can't see it in Ziglet :D

beautiful eyes...how do you not get red eyes???

A good question Cpietra with a fairly easy answer. The vast vast majority of the time red eye is caused when the flash is at a similar plane to the camera lens. This is the case with almost all point and shoot cameras. It is slightly better with the built in flashes in SLRs. Sometimes both of these cameras have preflashes which also help reduce the redeye (sometimes).

FAR BETTER is an external flash that you can mount onto the hotshoe of almost all SLRs and some point and shoots. Those flashes range in price from about $200. to $500. new. (check out used camera stores or ebay) With these flashes the flash and the lens are on much different planes so redeye rarely happens.

Then what I do (because as some of you know I'm a photo-nut and I have a background in photography - I actually studied it for 2.5 years)......is bounce the flash off a wall or ceiling for a more flattering and less harsh light.

This bouncing always eliminates redeye for me.

And that's my secret. I would HIGHLY recommend a used flash that you can bounce for people that are more into photography. For those less into photography or are on a really tight budget, almost nothing beats window light in my opinion and you don't get redeye with window light.

Hope that helps!

Marko

wdawson
November 14th, 2007, 04:09 PM
marko
do you shoot in raw format and then edit in photoshop?

breeze
November 14th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Ziglet is a very handsome cat... with those bedroom eyes I would be suckered in every time :laughing:

I love your pictures...

marko
November 14th, 2007, 11:44 PM
Ziglet is a very handsome cat... with those bedroom eyes I would be suckered in every time

and you'd be disappointed...his eyes are the only equipment that work in the seduction game...oh that was rotten...sorry Zig.

do you shoot in raw format and then edit in photoshop?

Yes, that's also another 'secret'. I shoot RAW and use a graphics program in a very similar way to the way I used to print in the darkroom. Mostly to control contrast and add and subtract light where I want to. I used to be a crazy darkroom dude....and despite the ease of digital, I truly do miss it.

growler~GateKeeper
November 14th, 2007, 11:50 PM
and you'd be disappointed...his eyes are the only equipment that work in the seduction game...oh that was rotten...sorry Zig.

:eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: you're badddd :evil: :mwaha: :laugh:

wdawson
November 15th, 2007, 07:33 PM
marko

you sound old school.....do you use gimp?

TeriM
November 15th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Great pic of Zig :lovestruck:. I love Siamese cats and totally miss my old cat :sad:. It's funny that the siamese side of him used to drive me nuts (vocal, demanding etc) but now that I don't have that in my current kitties I miss it and my next cat would be another siamese in an instant :).