Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Two new things I've learned about my cats.

ancientgirl
November 11th, 2007, 06:28 PM
First, Vlad and Oksana snort sometimes while they're grooming themselves. :laughing: I heard Oksana do this the other night, and this afternoon I was laying on the floor next to Vlad and I heard him do it too!

Second, cats growl. LOL, I swear I had no idea. I heard Vlad and Oksana yesterday at the vet and this afternoon, I was giving them a treat, and I dropped one on the floor. And Kiska grabbed it. Well, Little Junior Miss growled when Maks got near her. I did a double take. I couldn't believe I heard such little thing growl.

growler~GateKeeper
November 11th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Second, cats growl. LOL, I swear I had no idea.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

well lucky for you then you've never witnessed first hand a cat fight ;) lots n lots n lots n lots o growlies then :D

ancientgirl
November 11th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Up to now all I've ever heard is hissing. I have to say, its scary to hear them growl, scarier than hearing a dog growl. :eek:

Dracko
November 11th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Oh yeah, I know what a cat growl sounds like. You'd **** yourself if you hear the "howling type" when they are really pissed. It's a scary sound.

One of my kittens, Kinsey, will growl at Dracko (GSD) if he comes near her. Sometimes Dracko will lay beside my bed with his head stuck under it when Kinsey is under there. I'll be reading or something and hear this low, deep growl. :laughing:

Jim Hall
November 11th, 2007, 08:56 PM
I put my cat gimpy into the taxi after being spayed and very ticked off about the whole thing

She is groeling and mumbling and the driver syas what the :censored: you got back there I say "a kitty and ehs ays "whoa i dobt believe yoy sounds like a dog lol
no just a very p***oiff cat :D

ancientgirl
November 12th, 2007, 08:49 AM
LOL, I learn something new about these little buggers every day.

Love4himies
November 14th, 2007, 08:52 AM
My foster kittens growl when they have a toy in their mouth and another kitten comes to investigate. Never witnessed this until now. It is so funny to watch.

12Paws
November 14th, 2007, 09:06 AM
We care for a feral cat that stays around the barn and I heard twice now in the past few years the creepiest sounds ever. It sounds like a cross of wailing, growling, and someone being killed... here it was an unknown cat trying to invade into his territory. There wasn't any actual physical contact, just the noises erupting from this big 'ol once-upon-a-time tomcat (he was neutered after being trapped last year but he has remained very territorial/aggressive).