Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

*Warning*...Pic's of my snakes!! :D

Element~5
November 10th, 2007, 12:20 PM
These are just the start of my collection :) They are all female Nicaraguan Boa's and are just babies! :D

hazelrunpack
November 10th, 2007, 12:58 PM
These are just the start of my collection :) They are all female Nicaraguan Boa's and are just babies! :D

I don't see any... Didn't it work? Or is it just my slow connection again? :confused:

Rottielover
November 10th, 2007, 01:05 PM
nope did not work, not you Hazel, LOL

hazelrunpack
November 10th, 2007, 01:10 PM
:o whew

You gotta try again, then, element... :thumbs up

Are you good at identifying wild snakes, by any chance? :D

Element~5
November 10th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Oops here are the pics ;)

I can most likely help identify some wild type snakes as well.

Thanks for looking! :D

rainbow
November 10th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Cool....we don't get many snake pics here. :cool: Do they have names? How do you tell them apart?

Byrd
November 10th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Cool!

I like the markings on the middle one. :thumbs up

Element~5
November 10th, 2007, 06:04 PM
I haven't named them yet...and I have them all in different labeled cages, with notes on each one...so it's easy for me to tell them apart and keep track of their health/habits/feeding schedules :)

hazelrunpack
November 10th, 2007, 08:39 PM
They really do have beautiful markings! :lovestruck: Were they all from the same litter? (Clutch? Brood? What do you call a family of snakes? :o) When they grow up, that's gonna be a lot of snake! :D

And don't forget we need pictures of the rest of your companions, too! :D but no pressure, no pressure :p

Here's the type of snake we get around here. I was inadvertently feeding one all summer--thought I was "saving" the toads when I'd get them away from the dogs and put them in the garden this guy was living in. (You'll notice how recently well fed s/he is... :o):

30530 30531

I'm thinking it's some kind of garter snake? :shrug:

:sorry: for the thread jack...but I've been trying to ID this snake all summer and am having no luck... :o

Writing4Fun
November 10th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Very cool snakes! :thumbs up

Element~5
November 27th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Very late reply...so sorry! I get so busy reading all the other post's and then I forget to come back to my own :(

Your snake pic's Hazel look very much like a garter snake...and because there are different species of garter snakes, you have to see the markings and colors up close to tell them all apart, but a a garter for sure :)

I'm going to attempt to post some pics of my other animals soon. And yes...all my snakes are from the same clutch. :) Hoping to get more soon too! :D

Frenchy
November 27th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Cool snakes :thumbs up

hummm , snakes eat mice right ? Could you send a couple my way ? :p

phoozles
November 27th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Those snakes are beautiful! Hope you're going to have enough room to house them when they get big! :)

Too bad they eat mice - I know you're sick of them Frenchy - but I can't get mad at a little fuzzy creature..

Spiders and cochroaches on the other hand.. :yuck:

chico2
November 27th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Not that I would ever have a snake,but they are beautiful and will probably be huge one day.
I hope you do not fed them kittens:yell:as I was told some snake-owners do.:yell:
I also feel snakes should not be kept in containers,but be free,however that's another Topic.:D
I once got to stroke a snake and was surprised at how soft they are,they look as if they should feel scaly,but they don't.
Oh,and welcome to the Forum!!

Element~5
November 27th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the nice replies everyone! :)

My snakes are kept in special made homes called boaphiles, (here is a pic) (http://www.boaphileplastics.com/cages.html) they are not cheap, but they're made especially for boas, and are perfect for my little guys, which is my only concern. I looked at those pic's again that I posted when I first joined the forum...and just realized how much they have grown already! I will have to get some more pics up soon.

They do eat rodents, and at first I wasn't sure how I would feel about owing an animal that is strictly carnivore...however; I have been learning how to deal with it, and keep reminding myself that this is there way of life, and trying to respect that...the predator-prey relationship I guess.