Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi All

callieh87
November 10th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Hello,
I have 2 beautiful kitties Moe & Larry. Moe was diagnosed with a pretty serious case of anemia. He also has problems with crystals in his urine and was hospitalized & treated a few years back. He is 8 years old and is currently on prescription CD dry food. Any ideas why he may be so anemic. He was tested for feline leukemia & was Xrayed for tumors and had an ultra sound. All came back fine with the acception of the Xray showing a small metal object in his intestines. Poor baby is lethargic and won't eat or drink.:sick:

hazelrunpack
November 10th, 2007, 12:23 PM
Hello, Callie. Welcome to the board.

Are the vets exploring the idea that the metal object may be causing bleeding? That would explain both the anemia and the lethargy. At any rate, your kitty sounds very sick. I hope you're able to get a diagnosis soon. :fingerscr

callieh87
November 11th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks so much. The updaye on Moe is encouraging the vet says. His blood iron level is up almost 1 point. He is not holding down anything given orally and is still very lethargic. The vet said he will see what happens in the morning and call back. Moe's brother larry is lost. It is so heartbreaking to see him looking for his brother.

hazelrunpack
November 11th, 2007, 08:46 PM
I'm glad Moe's anemia is improving. :fingerscr for a big improvement tomorrow!

Meanwhile, time to give Larry some extra :grouphug:s and smoochies! :)

callieh87
November 12th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Hi thanks so much for your kind words. We lost Moe this morning. The vet told us his liver failed. We are crushed.

sugarcatmom
November 14th, 2007, 08:14 AM
So sorry for your loss. :rip: Moe.

callieh87
November 15th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Thanks so much for your help & kind words.