Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The boys are gone

Love4himies
November 9th, 2007, 09:15 AM
I took three of my seven foster boys in to get neutered on Wed night. I dropped them off at the vet and was thinking I would bring them home after work today. The humane society called me and gave me the option to have to go right to the pet store for adoption or come home for the weekend. I am having them go right to the pet store. I am hurting so bad right now and am bawling at work. Why do I love cats so much???

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

luckypenny
November 9th, 2007, 09:42 AM
Because you're empathic. A wonderful human quality that's difficult to find in many people these days.

:grouphug:

chico2
November 9th, 2007, 09:48 AM
L4H,of course you are bawling,me too:sad:hopefully they'll get wonderful homes:pray:

Love4himies
November 9th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Thanks, guys, I hope they go to wonderful homes too. I want to control where they go, what food they eat, their living conditions, they need kisses daily :yell:, etc, etc. They are my babies after all. At least I know they are neutered and vaccinated.

I know that the pet store where they are going to lets the humane society know if they get bad feelings off the potential adopters so that is good news. They don't like to adopt out if there is any mention of declawing or if a declawed cat is up for adoption, if there is any mention of the kitty going to be outdoors at all.

Jim Hall
November 9th, 2007, 11:16 AM
:highfive::highfive:
All rightie then three more out the door. Yeah its hard but you get the share the joy and it sounds like the store is preety carefull with them.

ps that means u can take 3 more right?

growler~GateKeeper
November 10th, 2007, 02:34 AM
:grouphug: L4H they had the best possible start in life thanks to you :angel: :thumbs up & I think it would've been harder to bring them back home for just a few days then to the store for adoption :shrug:

hazelrunpack
November 10th, 2007, 12:33 PM
:grouphug: L4H they had the best possible start in life thanks to you :angel: :thumbs up & I think it would've been harder to bring them back home for just a few days then to the store for adoption :shrug:

I agree with everything growler said. :grouphug: If it had been me and I brought them back, they'd have ended up as permanent residents. :o

They'll do great, L4H! How could they do anything less with such a great start? :thumbs up You did a marvelous job! :grouphug:

kiara
November 10th, 2007, 06:40 PM
You are doing something great by fostering! And please continue for as long as you can! I have fostered many and I knew that their life with me would be temporary and that someone else would love them and give them great care like I did. Each one with a different story and personality. I was sad the day they got adopted, but I knew that other families would give them happiness. We visited some of them too, it was great to reminice the past and some of them came to us in such a terrible state. I wish more people would help cats!!!!

Love4himies
November 13th, 2007, 10:08 AM
I heard two of the boys have been adopted!!!! I have two coworkers going to check up on the last one at lunch today. I couldn't go, too hard and don't want him to be confused as to why he can't come home with me.

Love4himies
November 13th, 2007, 10:11 AM
:highfive::highfive:

ps that means u can take 3 more right?

Ha, ha, Jim, I still need to get the four females spayed and up for adoption! Hopefully now that the cold weather has started, there won't be any pregnant strays coming in. I am treasuring every moment I have left with the little sweeties. They get punished with kisses and if they are really bad, kisses on the belly for them!!

cpietra16
November 13th, 2007, 11:55 AM
brings back memories of when I had to actually take my fosters to their new home...it's hard, but if they find their real love home, it's worth the tears....:lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
November 13th, 2007, 11:18 PM
:highfive: WOOHOO for kitties adopted :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
November 13th, 2007, 11:24 PM
I am treasuring every moment I have left with the little sweeties. They get punished with kisses and if they are really bad, kisses on the belly for them!!

:eek: Definitely a shameful example of kitty abuse! :evil:

:D I'm sure they're eatin' up every minute of it! :cloud9:

chico2
November 14th, 2007, 06:20 AM
L4H,I forgot you still have 4 left:cat:
It must be so very difficult handing them over,but all you can do is hope the adopters will care as much as you:pray:
Often times,IMO,people do not think of cats as an up to 20yrs commitment when they see an adorable little kitten,but we know one thing for sure,your little guys had a wonderful start in life and probably will have a great rest of their lives:cat: