Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hi,new poster, sick dog

tiny
November 8th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Ok, I am a new poster and I am looking for some advice. I have a sick boxer (it's not my dog, it's my best friends dog). He's about 7 years old and in very good health until about now. He got very ill over a matter of about 2 days. He was fine on Sunday, he is at the vet today w/IV's and antibiotics. He started going downhill on Tuesday and my friend took him to the vet. He has bumps on him about the size of dimes and it seems they are getting bigger. The vet at first thought he might have a staph infection. They did blood work and and x-ray. He said his white blood cell count is high and he has a small spot on his liver (from the x-ray), but the vet doesn't seem to think this is what's making him so ill. And he is very ill. He seems to get better like overnight and he is good in the early morning and then later in the day he just seems to collapse and start throwing up. This has happened two days in a row (at about the same time). They vet doesn't have a clue... I tried looking up Lyme disease, but that doesn't seem to jive w/the symptoms he has. And he was sick like this about a year and 1/2 ago, but without the lesions on his body. They are doing everything for him at the vet, fluids, etc..but I am at a loss and wondering if anyone might know what this mystery disease might be.

She is very pro-dog and she wants to save her dog "cost be damned" but they don't know what's wrong. Guess I should look up anitfreeze again, but I can't imagine this happening twice, unless there is a culprit at hand.

He is in danger of not making it through. He is very ill and it was a very fast onset. That makes me think he got into something or someone did something to him. Any ideas or thoughts? That dog is like my dog. We love our dogs. I have 2 Siberian Huskys, but the thought of that dog dying is killing me. So I'm trying to lay the symptoms out and see if anyone has any ideas...

Thanks for bringing me on.
Mary

mummummum
November 17th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Respectfully, you posted this exact same posting last month.