Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Happy Birthday, Hazel Run Amazing Grace!

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2007, 10:04 PM
Grace was two today and she's been partying all day. Unfortunately, it will be a week or so before I get the pictures back--but here's a few from recent venturing forths into the woods to hold you over till I get some genuine Birthday Girl shots developed, scanned and posted. :D

She loves to run--isn't too fond of getting into the thick stuff, yet, but it's been so ticky that that's not really a problem. :D

Setters are not known for their love of water, but I think it might have been Grace's first chance to get a close-up view of a stream. She tested it out but decided it was a bit too wet for her tastes. :eek:

So proud! She obviously thinks she looks smashing in blaze orange! :dog:

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2007, 10:08 PM
She's such a sweetie! :lovestruck: We have no regrets about adopting her. She has the happiest tail in the universe now that she knows she's with us to stay. :dog:

So happy birthday, Amazing Grace! :D

Frenchy
November 8th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Happy birthday Gracie !!! :party:

I love the first picture where no paws are touching the ground, great shot ! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2007, 10:41 PM
She spends a lot of time with all four feet off the ground. :D She's a very fast doggie! :dog:

luckypenny
November 8th, 2007, 10:58 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/ballons/6.gif Happy, Happy Birthday, sweet little darling Gracie.

Did Mommy and Daddy get you your very own Cuz too?

I love all the pics, but the last is my favorite. What a precious little puppy you are :cloud9: !

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2007, 11:07 PM
No, Grace got a frisbee. But she liked Cuz better and Frisbee is already showing severe wear (thanks to Bratty Brier), so Mummy will have to get Grace a Cuz of her own next time she goes to town. :o I think hazel will probably get one for Cass's birthday at the end of the month, too (but don't tell Cass or you'll ruin the surprise :D).

In fact, I may have to bring 7 of them home to keep the whole Pack happy! :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
November 8th, 2007, 11:14 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/8.gif GRACE :lovestruck:

HERE'S YOUR B-DAY http://bestsmileys.com/kissing1/25.gif SMOOCHIE

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2007, 11:20 PM
Ooooo! She loves smoochies! :thumbs up

shredy
November 9th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Yikes! So many birthday's around your house!!! Happy Birthday Gracie!! Did you get a cuz too???

hazelrunpack
November 9th, 2007, 12:44 AM
The end of August through the end of November has evolved recently into our birthday season. :D Ember/Lil Belle first, then Brier, then a little pause leading right to Cole and Grace in quick succession, another little pause, then Cass. Thank heavens Macie and Ridge are spring babies or the rest of the year would be positively boring! :eek: :o

And madame hazel sees lots of Cuzes in the Pack's future. But she also predicts that when the novelty wears off (or the squeakers fall out), the old black Kongs will regain their Top Toy status. :laughing:

shredy
November 9th, 2007, 12:45 AM
Duh... Sheri can't read, your got a frisbee, hope you love it!!

Lukka'sma
November 9th, 2007, 08:04 AM
A Very Happy Birthday Grace

JanM
November 9th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Happy Birthday Grace! You are such a sweet little girl - can't wait to see your real Birthday pictures :D

hazelrunpack
November 9th, 2007, 08:40 AM
Grace barks "Thanks!", with some happiest-tail-in-the-universe wags thrown in for good measure. :dog:

She really is quite sweet. :lovestruck:

rainbow
November 9th, 2007, 12:39 PM
I hope you're still celebrating cuz I missed another one. :o

Belated Birthday Greetings Gracie !!!

http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/3.gif http://bestsmileys.com/dogs/4.gif

mummummum
November 9th, 2007, 12:42 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/5.gif

Yay Gracie ! Hope you got oodles and oodles of setter-spit kisses from your Sissies and Bro (and Mum & Da of course!!)

hazelrunpack
November 9th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Pshaw! :dog: Course I got oodles of kissies from everyone, MMM! I am, after all, the One and Only Amazing Grace! :pawprint:

And we're always celebrating something here at Hazel Run, rainbow! Fer instance, tomorrow we're celebrating a new hole or two, courtesy of Brier! :dog: Should be fun! :p

jiorji
November 9th, 2007, 10:57 PM
hehe i love the flying Gracie pic.

HAPPY BARFDAI!!!:crazy:

hazelrunpack
November 9th, 2007, 11:01 PM
She sends you slobbery shnarfles, jiorji--and a couple for Twiggy and Peanut, too! :dog:

growler~GateKeeper
November 10th, 2007, 12:05 AM
And we're always celebrating something here at Hazel Run, rainbow! Fer instance, tomorrow we're celebrating a new hole or two, courtesy of Brier! :dog: Should be fun! :p

:mwaha::crazy::evil: http://bestsmileys.com/working/4.gif :dog::pawprint: :D

hazelrunpack
November 10th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Here ya go, growler--which one of the woodswalkers is Grace? There are three of them in the pic.

:D A perfect example of why you should always wear blaze orange in the woods... :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
November 10th, 2007, 01:05 AM
Here ya go, growler--which one of the woodswalkers is Grace? There are three of them in the pic.

:D A perfect example of why you should always wear blaze orange in the woods... :laughing:

Gracie is wearing her orange vest & is being CARRIED by HRD :D:D:D:D

She loves to run--isn't too fond of getting into the thick stuff, yet, but it's been so ticky that that's not really a problem. :D

otter
November 10th, 2007, 01:26 AM
Are you nuts??? there ain't no doggies in that picture! :frustrated:

Oh wait, growler and HRP have "setter o' vision", something us retriever folks would never understand (I think the water washes it away or something):laughing:

hazelrunpack
November 10th, 2007, 10:19 AM
:laughing: The tall one is the Hazel Run Daddy, growler... :laughing:

Here...this'll give you a bit of a hint...identify the question-marked doggies :D:

The question marks to the left of the HRD are for the doggie just underneath them. The ones to the right of the HRD are for the doggie just to the left of the question marks.

Did I stump ya? Huh? Huh? :fingerscr

Although, truth be told, I'm not exactly sure which doggie is which, either ! :eek: But can you guess which two were out there that day, stumpin' through the brush with Dad?

Byrd
November 10th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Happy birthday Gracie! I'm so happy you found a good forever home! :D

hazelrunpack
November 10th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Happy birthday Gracie! I'm so happy you found a good forever home! :D

We are, too! :lovestruck: She really livens up the place...not that we really needed that much livening, mind you :p...but she does keep the other 7 (and us) well-entertained :D

growler~GateKeeper
November 10th, 2007, 11:49 PM
:laughing: The tall one is the Hazel Run Daddy, growler... :laughing:

:p :rolleyes: well I knew that :rolleyes: I thought he was CARRYING Gracie :rolleyes: :p

Okay letsee this is Gracies thread so she's out there with Cole :D

And Gracie is lagging behind cuz she don't like tromping through the bush :shrug:

hazelrunpack
November 11th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Only one quarter right. :D tee hee I finally stumped growler!

:confused: I guess I shouldn't laugh...I fudged it, y'know. Amazing Grace is out there with Ms Macie and the HRD, but for the life of me I'm not sure which is which. :o I mean which is Ms Macie and which is Grace...I'm pretty sure the tall one is still the HRD :laugh:

I think, however, that Macie is in the vest to the left, and Grace is the one behind, just like you thought. But she actually likes pushing out ahead. I think she had been running a little further behind and had just caught up with Ms Macie and the HRD when I snapped the shot. I think I can just make out the spots on her rear left leg, just to the left of the ball of leaves that shows sort of orangish next to the right-hand question marks.