Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Goooood Morning Canada!!!!!

SeeMe
November 8th, 2007, 03:46 AM
Blah. I didn't order a four am wake up call! But I got one anyways. This is because I've got crazysmart cats. Like, the kind of cats that are so smart they have learned how to open my door. I don't know how they do it, but they do. Magic, I guess.

Anyways, my door opens and wakes me right up. I can be a light sleeper when the mood takes me, easily awakened by a door opening, or a fly defecating on a tree out in the Rockies (which is pretty amazing, considering I live all the way in Ontario...) and today just happened to be one of those days. So I lie there, try to go back to sleep, when someone's collar dingles a message of DOOM for my sleeping hours. Sigh.

So I call out for Tweak (Which is who I assume it was, since Tweak is pretty much the only one who can open my door) and up jumps a cat. I pet it and realize it's Henna. So I tell her hello, how are you, and up pops another cat!

Surely this is Tweak. I reach out to pet the kitten, and lo and behold, it isn't Tweak, it's Spidercat! (Tia.Spidercat does not fel like other cats, she is like silky smooth cashmere. ) This is amazing, because Henna and Spidercat have been not getting along very well. Now they're within an inch of each other. I shut my eyes and wonder if OHIP pays for facial re constructive surgery. But, luckily for me, they do not fight.Instead they go down to my feet and snuggle up together for an unknown amount of time, making me cringe in terror and wonder just how I'll get up and down the stairs with no feet. (Spidercat is a famous toe biter. Henna sort of fights with her. DOOOM for my toesies!) After a bit, they both hop down and scamper off to do whatever things cats do when they wake someone up.

And then someone else comes in, hops up, and bats at my nose as if he's a badminton player. Aha. Now, here's Tweak. Nope! Just Napoleon! ( can tell the kittens apart by their tag. Tweak has a clover for Luck, and Napoleon has a skull and crossbones. For, um, piracy, I guess.) Who, like his namesake, proceeds to take over my pillow until I defeat him (shoo him off) and send him back to France. Or whatever.

Finally, Tweak comes up to make very, very sure I'm awake by tickling my face with his whiskers, and putting his tail in my ear. He's very good at waking me up.

So, now it's four fourty four and all is well. Except the fact that the cats seem really, really interested by my spinning wheel, and they've found out that stepping on the big flat bit makes the big round bit go round and round... and if you jump up there you'll get to the secret stash of rally, really nice string that smells like animals and is really soft and (apparently) tastes like the best catfood ever...

sigh.

SeeMe
November 8th, 2007, 04:14 AM
Double poooost.

SeeMe
November 8th, 2007, 04:20 AM
Aha! Found the reason for my early morning feline call!

They were out of food. And, lucky me, I am the closest one to the food dish.

happycats
November 8th, 2007, 06:05 AM
WELCOME!!! :)

ummmm.....have you had lots of coffee, or halloween candy this morning:o
J/K

Can't wait to see pics of your pets!

Love4himies
November 8th, 2007, 06:07 AM
I get a four o'clock wake up call from my male cat, Jasper if he is out of food too. All I manage to do is let out a grunt thinking it will quiet him. Can't quite get the motivation to actually get up and feed him though lol.

chico2
November 8th, 2007, 06:37 AM
SeeMe,I can sooo relate:laughing:I just wish someone could relay to my cats we changed the clocks by one hour:cat:
This getting up before 5am is starting to get to me:sad:
Thank's for a very funny description of"living with kitties":laughing:

krdahmer
November 8th, 2007, 08:31 AM
That was awesome! You should be writing for the paper or something to give everyone a morning chuckle! :laughing: I have a new wakeup call here too... cats slapping the basement windows at our new outdoor visitor. I used to sleep in until 10 or 11, now I'm lucky to make it to 8:30... it's no 4 am, but when you are up till 2am or later at night, its not enough sleep all the same!:rolleyes:;)