Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

911mommy
November 6th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Well we are new to the cat thing and thought that after the death of our beloved dog we would change to a cat. Free from a friend who had farm cats, we chose the cutest kitten ever. Should have know it was too good to be true. If there is a health issue out there she has it, we will love her for as long as she has left and not make the same mistake again. Any advise!!!:shrug:

sugarcatmom
November 6th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Hi, and welcome to pets.ca!

What kind of health problems does your kitty have? Your profile mentions a heart murmur, which in and of itself doesn't mean much. Cats can be born with a funky heart and still live for a very long time. Has your vet investigated any further (echocardiogram or x-rays) about what the nature of the heart murmur might be?

hazelrunpack
November 6th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Hi, 911mommy.

I have no experience with cats, being overrun with dogs here at Hazel Run, but I do know what it's like to have an animal with more than its fair share of medical problems. :grouphug: There are some very knowledgeable cat people on the board and I think you'll get some good advice from them! :fingerscr

Meanwhile, welcome to the board!