Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Ontario rescues

Frenchy
November 5th, 2007, 08:52 PM
I need infos on Ontario rescues. A friend of mine in Toronto is trying to help a dog , owner doesn't have time for the dog and wants to have him put down. So if anyone here is part of an Ontario rescue, no breed specific , or anyone know of a good one , or if you know about no kill humane societies near Toronto , please pm me. Thank you.

luckypenny
November 5th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Keep in mind that there are some breed-specific rescues who do take certain mixed breeds. Also, there exists small dog rescues as well as giant breed rescues regardless of the particular breed mix this dog may be. :fingerscr Good luck and kudos to your friend for wanting to help.

Frenchy
November 5th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Oh he's a pure breed. There is one rescue for those type of dogs in ON but they seem very picky about the dogs they take in. I rather find another rescue. :shrug:

clm
November 5th, 2007, 09:33 PM
I just sent you a PM Frenchy.

Why is it people are so quick to put a dog down instead of trying to find it another home. :sad:

I hope you can find someone who'll take the dog.

Cindy

Tommysmom
November 5th, 2007, 09:35 PM
I don't know about the humane societies in Toronto, but the ones here in Burlington and Oakville are no-kill (we're about 1/2 hour west of Toronto, if that's not too far?). If it's urgent, could we arrange for one of us to transport the doggy out of Toronto and to one of these shelters? What kind of purebred is it - I can check with our old trainer too, as he's fairly active working with a few of the rescue groups around here, but they're pretty breed-specific I think.

Frenchy
November 5th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks clm :thumbs up

Tommysmom , I'll pm you

I just don't want to name any rescues here , and I want to find a good one for this dog. The man only had the dog for a month :frustrated: so this dog had 2 families or more so far.

clm
November 5th, 2007, 09:51 PM
He's had the dog for a whole month, how disgusting is that.

Poor dog hasn't had much of a chance so far has it.

Cindy

Frenchy
November 5th, 2007, 09:54 PM
My toughts exactly clm :sad:

Tommysmom
November 5th, 2007, 09:57 PM
That IS disgusting. One whole freaking month. What a disposable society we are now:sad:.

wdawson
November 6th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Thanks clm :thumbs up

Tommysmom , I'll pm you

I just don't want to name any rescues here , and I want to find a good one for this dog. The man only had the dog for a month :frustrated: so this dog had 2 families or more so far.

if i can help in anyway.....let me know.

coppperbelle
November 6th, 2007, 08:15 PM
I'm e-mailing you the name of someone who may be able to direct you to a rescue group in Ontario. She knows everyone.

Frenchy
November 8th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Update : the owner found a new family for the dog . I didn't get anymore details and we are hoping this new family is a serious one. :fingerscr

Thanks everyone for your help.

clm
November 8th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Well I hope the new family is a little more dedicated to the dog than the last guy. At least he didn't end up being PTS.

Cindy

chico2
November 8th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Frenchy that's good news,hopefully they'll give the poor dog a chance.:pray:
Our Oakville HS is no-kill,but the dogs still have to stay in those concrete enclosures,with regular walks by volonteers and hopefully get adopted.