Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Question about cat eye infections

sabi41
November 5th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Hello everyone,

This is my first time here. Hi.

I have 4 cats and only one has the eye infection. It is only about 2 days old and not very noticable at all. But I was wondering if anyone has ever used polysporin for eyes on their cats before?

growler~GateKeeper
November 6th, 2007, 12:56 AM
It is best for your cat to be seen by the Vet to have the eye examined to make sure there is nothing stuck in the eye & the cornea is not scratched, they will then be able to tell you if polysporin or another med is appropriate for your situation. Because we are not Vets & do not know the situation fully there is no way we can prescribe a treatment for your cat especially in such a delicate area as the eye is.

To answer your question: Someone I knew several years ago did use polysporin for her cats' eye infection but only under the supervision of her Vet.

Let us know how the Vet appt goes :thumbs up

Love4himies
November 6th, 2007, 07:11 AM
I have used Polysporin for treatment between a vet's antibiotic prescription applications as per my vet's instructions. It keeps the eyes clean but does not replace a prescription strength med. It is best to have your cat examined by a vet and he/she will let you know what is best.