Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Tigger has diarrhea, please help!!!

Tigger03
May 29th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Tigger has had diarrhea for the past 3 or 4 days. All along I was feeding him the wet whiskas pouches and the dry seafood flavored whiskas. But the past 3 or 4 days he has had diarrhea, he's used his litter (pooped) about 10 times a day, but just a little bit at a time.....and when he gets out he looks at me and cries! I feel so bad for him. I decided to change is food today, but still no difference yet, I guess it'll take a day or two if that's the problem. I am now feeding him Friskies dry, Chef's Blend, and Friskies Pate canned food. Does anyone have any other suggestions?? If he's still sick on monday I will take him to the vet. I don't think he's feeling sick because he still plays but it hurts him when he uses his litter....I guess it's the same as it is for humans. Please respond!!

ADB :(

Lucky Rescue
May 29th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Until you get him to the vet, let him go overnight without eating, then give him some plain boiled chicken, (small serving) preferably the breast meat. This is very digestible and easy on his stomach. Try and make sure he is drinking, as he could get dehydrated.

For the future, Friskie's Dry is not a good choice. I would give him a better brand of food, like Nature's Recipe, Nutrience or other food of equal quality.

Tigger03
May 30th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Hi LuckyRescue,
Thanks for the advice. Tigger seems to be improving a little today, he hasnt' used his litter in the past 2 hours now. I didn't feed him the chicken yet, but I will if he gets like it again. Thanks!

ADB

Princesss04
June 1st, 2004, 10:43 AM
Good luck with your cat. I hope he gets well soon. Let us know! The chicken thing is a good idea, I did that with my cat and it really does help! :D