Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Any farmers here ?

Frenchy
November 4th, 2007, 03:41 PM
When do they pick up corn ? :confused: The first 2 years I was here , they had soya and picked it up at the end of summer. This year it's corn , and it's still here :yell: I can't wait for them to pick it up , when will they do this ? :confused: what are they waiting for ?

happycats
November 4th, 2007, 04:01 PM
I believe that's cow corn, (used as cow feed) you can tell by the corn, if you pick one you will see the corn is really hard and has a reddish coloured cob.
They should be harvesting it any time now, they usually chop it all up stalk and all and put it in the Silo's for winter feed.

They have to make sure it's really dry though, or it will ferment, and the cows will get drunk!! Or it will get mold, or cause a fire.

Frenchy
November 4th, 2007, 04:06 PM
or it will ferment, and the cows will get drunk!!

What ? You mean I can ... oh I mean the cows can get drunk with this stuff ? :rolleyes:

happycats
November 4th, 2007, 04:12 PM
What ? You mean I can ... oh I mean the cows can get drunk with this stuff ? :rolleyes:

LMAO!!! Only if it ferments!

happycats
November 4th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Will the next picture we see, be that same corn filed with you stumbeling through the middle of it happily licking the fermenting stalks!!??:D

jiorji
November 4th, 2007, 04:27 PM
heheh drunken cows

chico2
November 4th, 2007, 04:54 PM
I by dried corn on the cob for my Squirrels,in big 20lb bags,maybe that's also what it's used for...
Drunk cows..hmmmm:laughing:

krdahmer
November 4th, 2007, 04:59 PM
I wonder if they get together and go 'man-tipping'.... :laughing::laughing::rolleyes: Couldn't resist.

coppperbelle
November 4th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Frenchy
I drove by your house today and noticed a farmer down the street cutting down his corn so they must be on their way.

CearaQC
November 4th, 2007, 07:34 PM
That picture freaks me out. lol Guess I've seen too many "in the corn field" movies.

happycats
November 4th, 2007, 07:47 PM
That picture freaks me out. lol Guess I've seen too many "in the corn field" movies.

Children of the corn:evil:?

Frenchy
November 4th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Frenchy
I drove by your house today and noticed a farmer down the street cutting down his corn so they must be on their way.

I have a feeling they'll do "mine" the last :yell:

Frenchy
November 4th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Children of the corn:evil:?

I was sooo disapointed , no weird crops , aliens , scary scarecrows :sad: but something did move in there once and made the dogs bark ... with my luck , it was probably only a cat. :frustrated:

Frenchy
November 4th, 2007, 08:01 PM
LMAO!!! Only if it ferments!

And ,ahem , how would one do that exactly ? :rolleyes: For the cows I mean :rolleyes: they would need the entertainment .................

wdawson
November 4th, 2007, 08:04 PM
atleast corn is the only problem.....imagine thinking....when are they gonna sod the yards behind me:rolleyes:

Frenchy
November 4th, 2007, 09:12 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/animals/4.gif

http://bestsmileys.com/cheering/6.gif

That explains everything ......

happycats
November 4th, 2007, 09:42 PM
If you look real close at that picture, I think I see lots of little mice pointing and laughing at Frenchy!!!

Yes our neighbours cows were drunk on the fermented food (cow corn that had gotten wet and fermented) not a pretty sight, they walk into things, break down fences, and escape!!

I saw a show, it was about a little village that had sugar cane fermenting, and the Elephants would break in every night get drunk and start killing the people!! I never thought elephants would be that violent. But Hey I guess after all that man has done to them.........pay back is s B**CH.:shrug:

Frenchy
November 4th, 2007, 09:45 PM
OMG ! So you're saying the mice could get drunk on the corn and come to kill me and the fuzzbutts ? :yell: I knew it !

happycats
November 4th, 2007, 09:49 PM
OMG ! So you're saying the mice could get drunk on the corn and come to kill me and the fuzzbutts ? :yell: I knew it !

LMAO!!! Yup!

Your only defence is to surrender, and provide them with food,shelter and a little Love for the winter :D

Frenchy
November 4th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Your only defence is to surrender, and provide them with food,shelter and a little Love for the winter :D

Unless they pay half of the hydro bill , they're screwed ! :shrug:

otter
November 4th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Frenchy, get 'em a couple of those little hamster wheels and hook them up to a generator.... live "off the grid!"

clm
November 4th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Frenchy, get 'em a couple of those little hamster wheels and hook them up to a generator.... live "off the grid!"

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Frenchy
November 4th, 2007, 10:25 PM
You might be on to something Otter :laughing: and if they keep this up , I'll have lots of them to work for me :evil:

otter
November 4th, 2007, 10:29 PM
:laughing::laughing: can you imagine what those children would look like! :evil:

growler~GateKeeper
November 5th, 2007, 01:44 AM
And ,ahem , how would one do that exactly ? :rolleyes: For the cows I mean :rolleyes: they would need the entertainment .................

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
http://bestsmileys.com/animals/4.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/drinking/4.gif

rainbow
November 5th, 2007, 02:18 AM
:laughing: :laughing: good one, Growler. :D

breeze
November 5th, 2007, 08:20 AM
first toads, then spiders, now mice :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: