Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Frisky kitty

sugarcatmom
November 4th, 2007, 12:43 PM
So Aztec, my 14 1/2 yr old arthritic diabetic HCM kitty has been full of zoomies the past few days. He even climbed a fence yesterday to get a better look at some chickadees! I wasn't fast enough with the camera for any of that action, but here is the aftermath:

roccoisus
November 4th, 2007, 12:46 PM
totally crashed out lol I love it when my cats get the zoomies

ancientgirl
November 4th, 2007, 07:41 PM
He looks absolutely tuckered out, but VERY cute. I love those sleepy kitty faces. :lovestruck:

jiorji
November 4th, 2007, 07:43 PM
awww looks like my Twiggy:lovestruck:

otter
November 4th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Great photos!

Go Aztec you crazy kitty you! :D

Dracko
November 4th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Beautiful. Looks so much like a tabby I had growing up, Pepper. :lovestruck:

rainbow
November 5th, 2007, 12:40 AM
Aztec is gorgeous and certainly doesn't look 14 1/2. :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
November 5th, 2007, 01:23 AM
I love the 2nd shot :lovestruck: they are so cute when they tuck their faces in :cloud9: & expose a kissable little spot of chin :D

I sure it has but I'll ask anyways - has his Thryoid level been checked lately Duffy got the zoomies right before her diagnosis of HyperT
:fingerscr it was just a feeling great day :goodvibes:

chico2
November 5th, 2007, 06:31 AM
He is a sweetie in a very special brown Tabbie way:lovestruck:I have his double right here on my lap.

sugarcatmom
November 5th, 2007, 11:10 PM
I sure it has but I'll ask anyways - has his Thryoid level been checked lately Duffy got the zoomies right before her diagnosis of HyperT
:fingerscr it was just a feeling great day :goodvibes:

His last full blood panel was at the end of August for a dental, and he goes again in January. I'm thinking it was just a case of getting his ya-yas out because it was a windy day and watching all the leaves blowing around in the yard gets him wired. That and the new chickadee feeder outside our living-room window is interfering with some of his precious nap-time. Watching him watch birds is better than TV. Here's more mellowness (window hammocks rule!):

growler~GateKeeper
November 5th, 2007, 11:22 PM
I knew you'd have his levels checked but had to ask anyways ;) :thumbs up

I love the last shot - chin up totally kissable :lovestruck:

chico2
November 6th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Now,could not this be the same kitty:laughing:

sugarcatmom
November 6th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Oh Rocky, you big stud you. He's just begging for some belly-snerberts! :lovestruck:

krdahmer
November 6th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Cute... I love sleepy cat pics... some of the positions they find comfy are hilarious. And I love that window hammock thing, where'd you get that? I just have the cheap wooden ones.

ancientgirl
November 6th, 2007, 02:45 PM
I love that one picture, that looks like he's snarling. That's adorable.

rainbow
November 7th, 2007, 01:51 AM
TOOOOO CUTE. :cloud9:

sugarcatmom
November 7th, 2007, 08:21 PM
I love that one picture, that looks like he's snarling. That's adorable.

Ahh, his Billy Idol sneer. That would be due to having his left canine removed a couple months ago, causing his lower canine to catch on his upper lip. At first he was very persistent about correcting the situation, but now complacency has set in and I frequently find him walking around like that. Makes him look like a badass.

And I love that window hammock thing, where'd you get that? I just have the cheap wooden ones.

I got mine at a place here in Calgary called The Cat House, but it looks like Petsmart also carries 'em: Window Hammock (http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753722&cp=&sr=1&origkw=WINDOW&kw=window&kwCatId=2767033&parentPage=search&keepsr=1). Aztec spends a rather large chunk of his day in it:

Frenchy
November 7th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Ahh, his Billy Idol sneer. Makes him look like a badass.

:laughing: I love that picture ! I would give him a big kiss on the nose :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
November 7th, 2007, 08:49 PM
I've been wanting to get one of those window things for a while. But I'd have to get a heavy duty one. I know for sure Vlad would be the first on it, but I'm thinking more than one kitty would want to lounge at the same time.

Maybe I can ask my friend Ernie if he can come up with something for them.