Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

15 pups - 2 mothers

CearaQC
November 3rd, 2007, 12:33 PM
Cute story. Dog gave birth to 15 pups, and another dog that wasn't pregnant began to produce milk and both females nurse the pups. Look at that bundle of wiggly pups! hehe The owner is going to have her hands full!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=491343&in_page_id=1770

Pedigree Irish Setter Madyson gave birth to the 15 babies but before owner Julie Murray had a chance to clean the newborns, her other dog, Liliana, started to lend a hand.

And when the pups started feeding, six-year-old surrogate mum Liliana, an English Setter, also began producing milk so she could share the load.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/11_01/setters3SLNT0211_464x700.jpg

growler~GateKeeper
November 4th, 2007, 01:57 AM
puppies are way too cute :lovestruck:

amazing how nature gives a helping hand when needed :highfive:

NoahGrey
November 4th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Cute story.]

Cute story. Really. I'll admit the puppies are cute. I just keep on thinking, how many of these puppies will end up in already overcrowed shelters?

Got to love the majority of breeders....contributing to the already pet overpopulation...just to make a few bucks.

ACO22

Tommysmom
November 4th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Cute story. Really. I'll admit the puppies are cute. I just keep on thinking, how many of these puppies will end up in already overcrowed shelters?

Got to love the majority of breeders....contributing to the already pet overpopulation...just to make a few bucks.

ACO22

There's a long waiting list for these pups, so I don't think any of them will end up in a shelter. Hopefully the large litter just means that more people on the list will get a furry bundle of joy!

CearaQC
November 4th, 2007, 11:32 AM
They feel justified in breeding those because mom and dad are both pedigreed award winners, according to the article.

I don't agree and sometimes feel breeders like to press on about how pets should be neutered and theirs is ok to live intact and reproduce because it has papers. Almost as if they wish they could control the breeding market.

:2cents:

But don't listen to me, I know zero about the breeding industry.