Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello Everyone

oneclone4u
November 3rd, 2007, 09:39 AM
Hi. I am new to the forum, and thought i should introduce myself. My name is Katrina...most call me Kat. And I live in Alberta, Canada. Haven't filled out all pertinent info yet on me, but basically I am interested in everything concerning little dogs in general...and very interested in making your own dog food.
I have been making dog food for quite a while now, and treats...but now want to make my own dog bones (rawhide), and am trying to locate a place to by powdered rawhide. I can get my own beefhide, so that is not a problem, but I am interested in making some different ones as well. Anyone have a recipe on making these?
My animals are not on processed store bought junk, and I have a ****zu/Maltese cross male, that the vets cannot believe is still alive...yes, he is ancient, in good health, and he thinks he is a puppy. I do know though that he may be starting into arthritis, as he does seem to walk stiff in the mornings now. He appears to be in no pain, yet though. Will have to take him back to the vets to check this out though, as an animal will refuse to show vulnerability in some cases ... and with him, it is the norm not to.
Anyhow, I am going on here....
Hello to everyone, and have a great day!

allymack
November 3rd, 2007, 12:50 PM
hey, welcome to pets.ca how old is you dog? has he been on natural/homemade food all his life, i was thinking about making enzos food, and if he will live longer i'm all for it :thumbs up hope you will post pictures of you fur baby soon :)

mummummum
November 3rd, 2007, 01:09 PM
Welcome to pets.ca ~ we would love to see a pic of your "old" boy! Many members on the forum are homemade/raw feeders but I can honestly say I've never come across anyone who wanted to make "raw-hide". :D

allymack
November 3rd, 2007, 04:45 PM
we would love to see a pic of your "old" boy! haha i guess he isnt a fur 'baby' anymore but either way, we would still love pics :)

luckypenny
November 3rd, 2007, 06:48 PM
Hello oneclone4u. Definitely looking forward to pics too :) .

kara1
November 3rd, 2007, 07:33 PM
Welcome to pets. My dad grew up in mannville/murnam area

happycats
November 4th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Welcome!!:)