Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Chasing Cars need to curb this problem...

white wrabbit
November 2nd, 2007, 05:30 PM
in the last week when i have taken Maggie out for a walk if a car is coming at us when it goes by she has taking to trying to turn and chase it. or if she is in the yard and she sees one she will run from one side of the yard to the other to chase it... So what could i do to stop her of this?

she tried it this morning i was carrying my youngest so we could get home quicker he was cold i almost dropped him when a car went by and she lunged out on to the road to try.. thank god for a 4 foot leash!!! and i do not want to stop taking her to the bus stop with me in the morning.. it makes for a nice walk for her after beaning in her kennel all night...

clm
November 2nd, 2007, 08:11 PM
I would get a professional involved in dealing with car chasing. Could kill the dog and possibly cause a car accident as well. Not worth the risk.

Cindy

white wrabbit
November 2nd, 2007, 09:05 PM
we don't have one of them out here. i don't have my licenses to take her any where and we are not in a city.. but it is some thing that needs to be fixed asap. before she accidentally gets loose and gets hit.. so i figured this would be a good place to ask for suggestions i could try..

i have an idea for one but i am not sure if it will work.. she is in love with this one teddy bear in the house that makes noise.. (she can't have it's my sons fav) so i am thinking of actually getting a plastic squeaky one for her (can't do stuffed to many teddy bears in the house) to see if that will even work on distracting her with the cats in the house.. (different issue there altogether but i found a bunch of things on here about that)

so all the more ideas i can get would be appreciated greatly.. she is part hound and when she gets in her hound world she is harder to distract..

clm
November 2nd, 2007, 11:08 PM
Might cost you more depending on how far from a larger city you are, but you might want to see if you could get a trainer from Edmonton to come to your house. Your local vet may know someone that could help in your area as well.

Cindy