Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello - Nice to Meet You All

phoozles
November 2nd, 2007, 04:34 PM
My name is Julia, and I'm a big cat lover.

Jake is my main man - a DSH that just turned 9 - he's grey and could almost pass for a Blue Russian - if he didn't have raccoon stripes on his tail. The funny thing is his name was Marge for about a week or so. A friend of mine had a litter of kittens, and at the time I was in University and asked her for a female kitten. So she gave me "Marge" and after a week, I noticed that Marge had a couple of furry appendages, if you will, that most female cats don't have. So Marge quickly became Jake, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Fast forward 9 years later, and my boyfriend and I decided to rescue a kitten from a local shelter. We decided on a boy because I've found that their dispositions seem to be a little more pleasant (not a general rule, but as good as any). Anyway, we picked out Kramer from the shelter's website, and picked him up. A couple days later I noticed that Kramer DIDN'T have the pair of furry appendages that he should have. I knew there was a possibility that they hadn't dropped yet, but I was pretty sure what the truth is. A trip to the vet, and yep, we have a baby girl, who is now named Alley (we would have kept the name Kramer, but we couldn't stop calling her a 'he' .. not that she cared).

What are the odds that would happen to me twice? I've told people that if they want a certain gender of animal, tell me they want the opposite, and they'll get what they're looking for.

Of course I love them both to death, but I can't say the same for Jake - not the biggest fan of Alley right now, but he wouldn't cause her any harm - it doesn't help that she constantly jumps on his face.

Ahh to be young again.. :)

Anyway, that's my story - thanks for listening, and it's great to meet people who are so invested in their pets' lives!

allymack
November 2nd, 2007, 05:00 PM
hey, welcome to pets.ca i don' thinkthe chances of that happening twice is very likely, hope you post some pucitures of your fur babies soon! :)

mummummum
November 2nd, 2007, 08:43 PM
What a great post! looking forward to many more tales of Jake and Alley (formerly known and Marge and Kramer...hmmm maybe this gernder-misidentification has something to do with TV show names???? :laughing:) and lots of pix!

happycats
November 4th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Welcome!!:)