Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Am I allowed to ask for feedback on a breeder?

Lili
November 2nd, 2007, 11:05 AM
Or is this too much of a delicate issue due to legal actions some breeders have taken following comments made by some board users?

I'm starting to gather some resources - thanks to this board :thumbs up - to find a reputable (Whippet - but still researching other breeds as well) breeder in my area, but I'd like to get feedback from some of you who by chance could have heard of or dealt with a specific breeder I've come across...

Thanks!

Lukka'sma
November 2nd, 2007, 11:19 AM
Are there issues about this breeder that have already heightened your concerns about using her?
Will this breeder put you in touch with previous clients of hers, perhaps someone who has a pup from the same pair of dogs that you are thinking of adopting from? If she is hesitant to do so something might be amiss.
I do commend you on doing your homework prior to buying from a breeder though. Make sure you are completely satisfied with all her answers, and make sure the breed is right for you and your family.

Lili
November 5th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Are there issues about this breeder that have already heightened your concerns about using her?
Will this breeder put you in touch with previous clients of hers, perhaps someone who has a pup from the same pair of dogs that you are thinking of adopting from? If she is hesitant to do so something might be amiss.
I do commend you on doing your homework prior to buying from a breeder though. Make sure you are completely satisfied with all her answers, and make sure the breed is right for you and your family.

No, not at this point. I'm just searching for general feedback from people that may have dealt or heard of this breeder. But I've learned just recently on this board that asking for feedback on less-than-reputable breeders - although done innocently as I would not ask if I had sufficient information - could put others and myself in precarious ‘legal’ positions...

A friend of mine bought a dog from this particular breeder - and has reserved a second one. She’s having a positive experience with this breeder, but I’d still like to gather more input…

I’ll try to google the breeder I’m referring to, and if I don’t see any bad press, I could maybe put a link to the breeder’s page for some to consult and provide comments?

Thanks! :)

Lukka'sma
November 5th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Good luck, hope it all works out

marko
November 5th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Hi Lili,

In general members can ask whatever they want about businesses, products breeders etc. But because we are involved with some issues with this one particular breeder, that link in particular won't be allowed.

If you have any issues with this decision please PM me directly.

Thanks!

Marko
ADMIN

This thread will now be closed.