Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Incredible!

luckypenny
November 1st, 2007, 03:10 PM
Just received this in an email today. Thought I would share for those who haven't seen it yet.

Stuart Brown describes Norbert Rosing's
striking images of a wild polar bear
playing with sled dogs in the wilds
of Canada 's Hudson Bay .

The photographer was sure that he was going
to see the end of his huskies when the polar bear
materialized out of the blue, as it were:

Obviously it was a well-fed Bear...

luckypenny
November 1st, 2007, 03:21 PM

luckypenny
November 1st, 2007, 03:23 PM
The Polar Bear returned every night that week to play with the dogs..

ancientgirl
November 1st, 2007, 03:26 PM
I saw this somewhere, I can't remember where. I thought it was pretty amazing. I thought it was amazing and quite a lovely site to see.

chico2
November 1st, 2007, 05:11 PM
Luckypenny,I saw something similar on TV,but in that case the Husky got hurt and was bleeding,more from rough play than from aggression,they said.
The Polar-Bears are sooo beautiful and they are facing such an uncertain future,it's a really sad situation:sad:

rainbow
November 1st, 2007, 06:29 PM
I got it as an email last week too but it was a video. Truly amazing.

Rottielover
November 1st, 2007, 07:54 PM
In 1996, I had the honor of watching it live. There were 12 dogs outside, tied to poles, first thing I said was, OMG they will be eaten. Then along comes 2 polar bears. They started playing as if they have been buddies for life.
I was told by the person diving the tundra buggy that it happens every day.
I have pictures of it somewhere. Also a place they have called polar bear jail.
That is where they trap the polar bears humanely( sedate in a cage), fly them far away from the tiny town.
I do mean tiny, they have a bar, one building, another building has the grocery store, library, bowling alley, school, pool hall, all in one.

ancientgirl
November 1st, 2007, 08:18 PM
I saw something recently on some channel where they were doing that to the bears. They do it not only to keep the beard from killing the people, but to keep the people from killing the bears.

You can't really blame the animal. It's their land, and tehy are just doing what they can to find food. At least they are taken away to a place they will be safe.