Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

a question to dog owners everywhere

milevi
November 1st, 2007, 06:19 AM
i often look at my dogs and think there are a whole lot of people who i would let die before i let a hair on my dogs body be harmed. and not because they were horrible people but simply because i loved my dogs more.

like if your dog and (e.g) someone you see from time to time were hanging off a cliff and you could only save one wouldn't you save your dog?
it selfish i know, that person might have family etc etc. but this is your dog.

my mother says i'ts abnormal but i really love my dogs, am i alone in this?

want4rain
November 1st, 2007, 06:50 AM
i would, unquestionably, save the person. they were someone's child. of course a stranger is going to have less emotional attachment than YOUR dog. the bottom line is, someone else, a mother somewhere, shed blood sweat and tears to bring that stranger into the world. then spent 18 (or however old they are) years nurturing and loving and encouraging this stranger to grow to the person who is hanging off a cliff with your dog. :)

ive only had half a cup of coffee. :)

-ashley

Frenchy
November 1st, 2007, 11:34 AM
I 99% sure I would save my dog. I don't like people that much :shrug:

otter
November 1st, 2007, 11:54 AM
Mmmmm, think i'd have to go for the dog... then i'd get my dog to run for help while I try and save the human. It's not selfish, it's TEAMWORK :laughing:
Besides, people most often live if they fall off cliffs, dogs, not so much so. Seems were still better at putting people back together than dogs (and the human probably has health insurance :D)

breeze
November 1st, 2007, 12:02 PM
Why was your dog hanging off a cliff with someone besides you??? in the first place??

hazelrunpack
November 1st, 2007, 12:35 PM
I'd go for my dog first cuz I know there is no way in Hades that I'm strong enough to haul a person up over the edge of a cliff, anyway. So I'd go for the sure save, then go back to be dragged over the edge by the person I'm trying to save. After we've both fallen to our deaths, at least my dog will still be alive and can bring hubby to the site to recover the bodies. :o

Sorry...it's been a trying morning... :p

Jim Hall
November 1st, 2007, 01:10 PM
I'd go for my dog first cuz I know there is no way in Hades that I'm strong enough to haul a person up over the edge of a cliff, anyway. So I'd go for the sure save, then go back to be dragged over the edge by the person I'm trying to save. After we've both fallen to our deaths, at least my dog will still be alive and can bring hubby to the site to recover the bodies. :o

Sorry...it's been a trying morning... :p

yeah wow think you need a nice cup of tea and some mozart :2cents:

hazelrunpack
November 1st, 2007, 01:14 PM
yeah wow think you need a nice cup of tea and some mozart :2cents:

:o Tea makes me paranoid! Maybe some hot cocoa. :D

luckypenny
November 1st, 2007, 01:28 PM
Remind me never to go on any mountain hikes with you guys :laughing: .

I could just see it now...Frenchy inviting me for a lovely walk with the dogs on a gorgeous fall morning. She accidentally :rolleyes: bumps into me, I tumble over a ledge, the dogs come to check what's all the commotion as I hang on screaming for dear life, Frenchy accidentally :rolleyes: steps on my hands as she's shooing the dogs away from the dangerous edge.

Once my body's recovered and officers match prints on my hands to Frenchy's shoes she claims, "Sorry detectives, I never even noticed. I was just trying to save the dogs," crying softly and pouting. The detectives write off the case as an accident :D :laughing: .

Dracko
November 1st, 2007, 01:59 PM
I 99% sure I would save my dog. I don't like people that much :shrug:

Ditto.

This reminds me of something I said to my nephew the other day when we went to watch Saw 4. We saw a trailer for Will Smith's newest movie where he is supposed to be the last man on earth. His only companion is a GSD. I said, "No way in hell am I going to see that movie. You just know the dog is gonna get it." Sure enough you could tell by one clip he does.

Now, I saw there and watched people get scalped and have limbs torn off in Saw and it didn't bother me (not to say I didn't look away at times). I can't even watch the animated Disney movies where someone dies. I bawled when Nemo's mom died. :sad:

Frenchy
November 1st, 2007, 02:14 PM
I could just see it now...Frenchy inviting me for a lovely walk with the dogs on a gorgeous fall morning.

:laughing: don't worry LP , I'm afraid of heights so there's no way we would be "hanging" out near a cliff :eek:

chico2
November 1st, 2007, 04:19 PM
I think I am with Frenchy on this one,I would hope I could save both the dog/cat and the person,but the dog/cat first:cat:/dog:D

JanM
November 1st, 2007, 04:28 PM
I'd get the person to grab the dog and haul them both up!

rainbow
November 1st, 2007, 05:24 PM
I'd get the person to grab the dog and haul them both up!

Smart thinking. :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
November 2nd, 2007, 01:59 AM
The animals definately come first :thumbs up