Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Stupid people ruined my day

joeysmama
October 31st, 2007, 06:36 PM
I was driving home from the mall this afternoon and there was a house decorated for Halloween with little pretend gravestones. The house right next door had a cardboard sign at the curb. I slowed down, thinking that some kids were trying to make their own spooky gravestone. It was obviously hasitly done.

NOPE !!

On a torn up cardboard box someone had written in marker

For sale
2 shih tzus
vaccinations and papers

and then a phone number

I was soooo upset. I very nearly called but couldn't get the end of the number before the traffic backed up. I might go back tomorrow to get the number but I don't know what to do when I get it---besides buy both dogs which I can not afford to do. Should I call animal welfare? What can they do?

I can't believe that anyone who would hand letter a torn box gives a hoot where the dogs go. And the sign said dogs, not puppies, so I don't know if these are pets that are no longer wanted or a backyard breeder who couldn't move them as pups.

Sheesh !!! I'm so sad for the little guys.:sad:

mummummum
October 31st, 2007, 07:22 PM
Sadly Animal Services cannot do anything. Perhaps you could gather the name and numbers of rescue organizations in your vicinity and pass these along with a handwritten note about the importance of finding a loving home for their family members.

Frenchy
October 31st, 2007, 07:48 PM
I second M3X suggestion. You could maybe contact a rescue that could contact the owners too .....

joeysmama
October 31st, 2007, 08:39 PM
Okay--good idea. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I'll have a car tomorrow and can get over there for the number ! And in the meantime I can start collecting the phone numbers of rescues.

Thanks !!!!

Shaykeija
October 31st, 2007, 09:24 PM
Are you near Sudbury?

joeysmama
October 31st, 2007, 10:01 PM
No I'm in the states. New Jersey. I have the name of the rescue where we got Joey but they aren't that close to where this sign was. But still maybe they can help me.

Shaykeija
November 1st, 2007, 02:08 AM
You can contact http://www.furbabyrescue.com/. They rescue Shih Tzu's from across the US and Canada. They even use Angle flight, I believe. :sorry: for those baby's:sad:

Love4himies
November 1st, 2007, 06:35 AM
Some people are so cruel! I hope you can get some help with these two poor souls.

rainbow
November 1st, 2007, 06:20 PM
Poor little dogs :sad: and :censored: owners. :mad: Good luck...I hope you find a rescue that can help. :fingerscr :goodvibes: