Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Happy Birthday, Sheriff Cole!

hazelrunpack
October 31st, 2007, 03:34 PM

Yes, the Sheriff of Hazel Run is five today! Cole and the Pack have been celebrating all day.

I can't believe it's been almost 5 years since we got him! Ooooo...and he was a :evil: brat! Such a little mischief maker. :D But he grew up into :angel:! When he went into law enforcement, hubby and I were so proud. :thumbs up

For his birthday, the Sheriff got a Cuz. It's a good Cuz--hazel was too superstitious to get one of the bad Cuzes for a Halloween puppy :laughing:--and it's the first one that the Pack has ever seen. Or heard.

No one told ol' hazel that Cuz feet would be that stretchy!

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1393377

Frenchy...I know you can't get video, either, so I also snapped some stills. Both Cole and Ember really enjoyed torturing that poor little Cuz.

:rip: little Cuz feet...:sad:

:D

hazelrunpack
October 31st, 2007, 03:39 PM
There will be more pictures after I get the film developed, and if my connection holds (:fingerscr, but it's shaky today) maybe even a few more videos of the activities. (Grace was pretty funny the first time she made Cuz squeak! She wasn't expectin' that!)

But for now, here's a few of Ember, the Cuz Vanquisher, helping Cole commit footicide. :D

breeze
October 31st, 2007, 03:42 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLE

http://www.smileycons.com/img/big-smileys/2781.gif
you have to put your own music to this one cole or hazel

love the video never thought that feet can go that far :laughing::laughing:
hope you had a good time with the feet..

hazelrunpack
October 31st, 2007, 03:51 PM
Yes, we had a nice funeral for the feet fragments. :laughing: ... oooo... I mean :sad: (must show respect for the feet--they gave their lives courageously for a good cause :rip:)

luckypenny
October 31st, 2007, 04:38 PM
:eek: I didn't even know the feet s t r e t c h e d ! And we have three of them here :eek: .

:D Happy Birthday, sweet sweet Cole :angel: . We love you :lovestruck: .

Lukka'sma
October 31st, 2007, 04:55 PM
Have a Happy Birthday Cole

JanM
October 31st, 2007, 05:13 PM
Happy Birthday, Cole - and don't forget to share your goodies with your packmates :D

mummummum
October 31st, 2007, 05:36 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday2/10.gif

Hey Sherriff ~ you're a BIG boy now! And what a great prezzie you got ~ well what's left of it that is :laughing:

Frenchy
October 31st, 2007, 08:39 PM
No one told ol' hazel that Cuz feet would be that stretchy!

omg ! http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif

That's because we didn't know :laughing: (my dogs now have competition ! :thumbs up )

Happy birthday Sheriff http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/9.gif what a nice boy you are to share your brand new toy with your brothers and sisters. :cloud9:

Hazel , loooove the pictures :lovestruck:

:rip: cuz's feeth , may you join the others at toy heaven !

growler~GateKeeper
October 31st, 2007, 09:58 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLEY!!!
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/1.gif hope you have a fabulous day :lovestruck: cutie pie
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/10.gif

hazelrunpack
October 31st, 2007, 10:37 PM
Cole thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. He wants another birthday tomorrow. :dog:

Actually, he only has to wait until the 8th--that's Grace's 2nd birthday. And the Princess-Queen turns 6 on the 28th. So the month after Halloween is a fun one at hazel's place! :D

I think hazel is gonna hafta get Cuzes for Grace and Cass, too, cuz everyone enjoyed the Sheriff's! Thanks for the graphic instructions on how to remove the feet, Frenchy--I was wondering how to get the last little bit of the knobs off the body. :thumbs up A serrated knife should work? I tried my scissors, but I couldn't get a good enough angle because the feet were too close together. :o and hazel is not real coordinated...

The Sheriff sends slobbery shnuffles! :dog:

growler~GateKeeper
October 31st, 2007, 10:46 PM
Of course Cole wants another b-day tomorrow - cuz heeheehee it was so much fun today :D

hazelrunpack
October 31st, 2007, 10:53 PM
He's holdin' out for birfday cake...cuz he only got rawhide and some Cuz feet today and he's always wanted a birfday cake. :dog: He's hoping for filet mignon frosted with liver sausage! :thumbs up Candles, too, of course, cuz that's traditional! :candle:

I think he's gonna hafta hold out for a long time cuz hazel is pretty sure the steak and liver cake would give him an upset tummy. :p

growler~GateKeeper
October 31st, 2007, 10:59 PM
:laughing: Perhaps Madame Hazel can convince Hazel a boy really needs some cake & :candle: to slobber on :D

Nikki always got a piece of homemade apple pie with a slice of cheese on top for her birthday :cloud9: :D

hazelrunpack
October 31st, 2007, 11:12 PM
:laughing: Perhaps Madame Hazel can convince Hazel a boy really needs some cake & :candle: to slobber on :D

Nikki always got a piece of homemade apple pie with a slice of cheese on top for her birthday :cloud9: :D

Yum! Pie! The Pack could split a whole one! :o hazel can already smell the sulfur farts emanating from their direction that night... :rolleyes: :p

He got some extra yogurt in his food today and lots and lots of cuddling...that'll have to do. :D

oh, and he loves the birthday song! hazel is hoarse from singing it to him so often--but he kept insisting! :dog:

rainbow
November 1st, 2007, 06:28 PM
He wants another birthday tomorrow. :dog:

I'm so glad cuz I'm a day late. :D

Belated Birthday Greetings Cole !!!

rainbow
November 1st, 2007, 06:31 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif ....hilarious video :laughing: I didn't know the feet s t r e t c h e d like that either. :D

hazelrunpack
November 1st, 2007, 07:24 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif ....hilarious video :laughing: I didn't know the feet s t r e t c h e d like that either. :D

As you could possibly tell from the sound track, hazel was clueless beforehand, too! But keep in mind that she impresses easily! :laughing:

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2007, 10:18 PM
The still pictures from Cole's party finally came back.

Everyone loved the Cuz. Every time it got tossed, there was a mad scramble. hazel had to intervene to make sure the birthday boy got it first. :D

The feet were irresistible!

And the poor Kongs were totally ignored--everyone wanted the new guy on the block and neglected their old Toys horribly!

Then there was the exciting discovery! (Other than that the feet stretched, of course :laughing:)

"Did you hear that, Brier?! I think I just made it cry!!!" :dog:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Scrambling after the squeeky little bouncer was lots of fun:

Cole usually came up with it. He's the biggest and brawniest, so he'd just bull his way through, brushing the rest of the Pack off like so many gnats. Of course, everyone else wanted to try out Cuz, too.

After a little begging from Ember...

...Cole finally consented to share his new Toy with him:

hazelrunpack
November 8th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Grace finally got a chance, too, but her mouth was almost too small to get around Cuz! :D

She did manage to squeak it eventually, though. The noise surprised her so much, she dropped Cuz and Cole snatched it back! :laughing:

Cole just couldn't leave those feet alone. Neither could Ember when he had the chance. So eventually, like all good Cuz feet, they were separated from the body and buried separately with the proper ceremonies... :rip: :cry:

:D

growler~GateKeeper
November 8th, 2007, 11:51 PM
What great party fun :highfive:

Do they make the cuz in 8 different colours/varieties?? Sure looks like the pack would like one each for XMas :D

shredy
November 8th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Happy Birthday Cole, I am impressed with your pile of Kongs! Lucky dog!

growler~GateKeeper
November 9th, 2007, 12:02 AM
I think the rest of the pack was trying to trade all their kongs for his cuz :D

hazelrunpack
November 9th, 2007, 12:26 AM
The Sheriff wasn't interested in swapping. :D

Actually, hazel had piled them up preparatory to bringing them back in the house (no one was paying any attention to them, anyway) and Cole settled next to them to finish dismembering Cuz. I think he felt sorry for them cuz he he they looked so lonely... :D

hazelrunpack
November 9th, 2007, 01:07 PM
How could hazel have forgotten?!? What's a birthday without cards?:

:dog:

growler~GateKeeper
November 10th, 2007, 02:28 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/birthday1/3.gif Did he open it as carefully as he did the map he got in the mail??

Cally loved to pick up the mail off the floor (dropped through the mail slot) & bring it over to me & loved to take junk mail to the recycling bin :thumbs up & was occasionally allowed to shred junk mail :dog: :D

hazelrunpack
November 10th, 2007, 12:36 PM
You'll notice the HRD was holding it up high enough to keep it out of danger. :D No shredding till it's been read at least once--house rule! :dog:

Byrd
November 10th, 2007, 03:19 PM
:rip: Cuz feets.

Happy birthday Cole!

(are you Sherriff because you're "play police"?)

hazelrunpack
November 10th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Happy birthday Cole!

(are you Sherriff because you're "play police"?)

He's da Sheriff cuz when we expanded from 3 to 6, he was always keeping the peace. If the new girls would play too hard, he'd bust in and break it up. If there was a Toy that needed saving, he'd bust in and save (:D) it.

He earned the title of Sheriff for his valiant role in law enforcement, keeping the peace, and protecting those who could not protect themselves. :dog:

He's a grand boy. :lovestruck: He's also the Minister of Defense and Justice, as well as Sir Coley the Stouthearted. :thumbs up

Byrd
November 10th, 2007, 09:06 PM
LOL Yup, play police!

hazelrunpack
November 10th, 2007, 09:13 PM
LOL Yup, play police!

:thumbs up

He took his job so seriously at first that he ended up getting sick, poor dear. :o Now he takes it a little easier, but we still have some of the safest play times in the region at Hazel Run because of our excellent Sheriff. :thumbs up :dog:

Byrd
November 10th, 2007, 09:26 PM
:thumbs up That's great! :thumbs up

Frenchy
November 10th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Hey !!! Nobody told me there was new pictures ! :flirt: I can't believe how nice they're playing together , no fighting to get the toys , seem like they all share and take turns , they're so well behaved ! :cloud9: :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
November 10th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Hey !!! Nobody told me there was new pictures ! :flirt: I can't believe how nice they're playing together , no fighting to get the toys , seem like they all share and take turns , they're so well behaved ! :cloud9: :lovestruck:

They do take turns, but they don't really share. Instead, they steal the Toys when the possessor is distracted and run away with them. :D That's how Grace got Cuz...an ATV went by, and the Sheriff (being on duty even though it was his birthday) ran to the front to make sure it didn't dare set wheel in his territory... By the time he got back, Grace had Cuz securely in her possession and was hiding with it behind the big ol' oak tree! :D

While Sheriff Cole was looking around for Cuz, Grace managed to make it squeak. :dog: She was so surprised, she dropped it. :laugh: Cole heard the noise and rushed in to steal it back while she was still trying to figure out who'd made that sound. :p

Frenchy
November 10th, 2007, 11:35 PM
By the time he got back, Grace had Cuz securely in her possession and was hiding with it behind the big ol' oak tree! :D

While Sheriff Cole was looking around for Cuz, Grace managed to make it squeak. :dog: She was so surprised, she dropped it. :laugh: Cole heard the noise and rushed in to steal it back while she was still trying to figure out who'd made that sound. :p

:laughing: soon enough they'll work as teams , one will distract the one with the cuz and another one will steal it ... and so on :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
November 10th, 2007, 11:42 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: