Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bathing Babies Poo

want4rain
October 31st, 2007, 02:58 PM
i swear, every single time i put Jeffrey in the bathtub, he poops. ive tried timing it for right after he poops in the mornign but he eats... and gets food.... everywhere.... and needs another... *sigh* it takes him a whole 5 minutes to get his BM's moving and shloop!! poop in the tub!

is this like wetting the bed? will go away after a certain age?? *even bigger sigh* he doesnt even warn me with a poop face either. its not like i can just snatch him up when he LOOKS like he is going to poop. :o

-ashley

ancientgirl
October 31st, 2007, 03:22 PM
LOL, boy I hope he grows out of that, or else he won't be invited to any poop parties. I mean pool parties!:D

breeze
October 31st, 2007, 03:30 PM
my boys did that a couple of times.. I would just take them out of the bath put them on the tolet and run a new bath.. after I would tell them they were a good boy for going poop in the tolet and put them right back into the clean bath.. it stopped after a couple of times..

luckypenny
October 31st, 2007, 04:31 PM
I was going to reply with a story...but I'd better not...a certain child of mine tends to check in here often :D .

Let me just say, the bath water is warm, it relaxes a baby/toddler. It's my experience that they don't even realize they're going poop until they see a little brown bath monster in the tub (...and scream at the top of their lungs :laughing:). Trust me, as they get a wee bit older, they get a little more control :D .

want4rain
October 31st, 2007, 08:53 PM
gawd, i soothe myself by trying to see a 5yo pooing in the tub. it has to end some day. so help me... if i see him squeeze brown pasta out of his teeth one more time. :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: might start calling him Marcato. :yuck: :yuck:

you know they say to never leave your child in the tub alone?? i cant even just be in 4' by 6' room with him. i have to have my eyes glued to his butt at all times.

-ash

Dracko
October 31st, 2007, 08:54 PM
Okay, I thought this was about a dog and breeze said she'd take them out and put them on the toilet. :p