Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The Real Mr. Ally Kat - Update

Ford Girl
October 31st, 2007, 01:29 PM
It makes me so happy to be able to post this update, and I am sure some of you are wondering what his story is...here is the update I just got from MEOW.

So, he was a fixed male cat, about 2 years old, and he was definitly a family pet! They found his family by tracking his microchip, and they went to get him at the shelter. He had been lost since July when his family moved from my community to a new community about a 15 minute city drive, a distance for any critter to travel! I mapquested it and it was about 18klms if you drive the city streets. He escaped from his carrier on moving day from his new home and travelled back to his old home. Which was 4 houses down from me.

Apparently he's a purbred of some kind, and very much missed by his family, they had posted signs in their new area, but not their old, they had listings posted in local papers. They tried to find him and hadn't given up looking. :D

The rescue lady said the cat was in his "den" behind a curtain when the mom walked in, and she said..."where is he?" and the cat knew right away it was his mom and started crying and pawing to get out before he could even see the lady...it was a very happy moment for the cat, the mom and the rescue lady. :lovestruck:

I did take one picture that I will post when I get a free minute. Such a happy ending, makes me smile. :lovestruck:

shredy
October 31st, 2007, 01:32 PM
wow! What a great thing you did for the family and for that lucky cat!! Made my day!

sugarcatmom
October 31st, 2007, 02:10 PM
That is so freakin' awesome, I can't believe it!!! I can only imagine all the happy tears being shed at the family "reunion". Way to go, Ford Girl.

Love4himies
October 31st, 2007, 02:24 PM
We are having so many happy endings for lost pets lately!!!

Sable, Billie, Spencer it is time to come home!!!

Love4himies
October 31st, 2007, 02:29 PM
Whoops forgot to add: YOU ARE A HERO, FORDGIRL:thumbs up.

TeriM
October 31st, 2007, 02:40 PM
That is fabulous news :crazy:! Good for you for getting involved :thumbs up.

krdahmer
October 31st, 2007, 02:42 PM
:highfive::grouphug::lovestruck:

That is an AWESOME story!!! I am so glad he is back with his family they must be so happy!

Here's hoping there are more and more with these happy endings!!!:pray:

ancientgirl
October 31st, 2007, 02:59 PM
I'm so glad he found his mommy! Yay!:party:

kiara
October 31st, 2007, 07:40 PM
What a happy ending! It also makes my day and great that he was microchipped, I guess it is really worth it!!!!

mummummum
October 31st, 2007, 09:15 PM
...they had posted signs in their new area, but not their old, they had listings posted in local papers. They tried to find him and hadn't given up looking....

A good lesson to learn for all those with lost animals who have moved recently. :thumbs up

JanM
October 31st, 2007, 09:23 PM
I love happy stories! Good for you!

Frenchy
October 31st, 2007, 09:23 PM
Woohoo Ford Girl ! :highfive: Thanks to YOU , kitty and family reunited. If not because of you , he would still be on the streets.

kashtin's kin
October 31st, 2007, 09:50 PM
Thanks so much for the great update...yay:goodvibes:for happy endings!! Good for you re: putting in the time to set that reunion in motion; who'd a
thunk it??!! :cool:

growler~GateKeeper
November 1st, 2007, 02:45 AM
Right on :thumbs up Awesome work FordGirl :cat::angel2:

So happy his family found him :grouphug:

Ford Girl
November 1st, 2007, 03:50 PM
Thanks everyone. Without all the online support and good lucks and advise I got on this site I wouldn't have known what to do or where to start!

This whole experience has made me realize how much I want to help animals, I just filled in and and submitted an application for volunteer positions at the Calgary Humane Society. They had plenty of openings to choose from and you could pick 3 out of all of them that best suit your personality and skill set. I hope I get accepted. I need to get invovled. Since all of this I have had an over whelming need to get invovled.

I am posting a picture in the pic section right now!!!

Jim Hall
November 1st, 2007, 03:59 PM
excellent!! you will have a very challenging and growing experiance volunteering I have been a volunteer all my adult life for eiher animal or social concerns and it is an invaluable learnig experiance yu cannot grt any other way . :thumbs up:thumbs up

chico2
November 1st, 2007, 04:54 PM
I just looked at his pic and only that you were bringing him to the shelter and now I read his family has been found,what a wonderful,fantastic story,I got goose-bumps reading it and it's all because you cared,Ford Girl:thumbs up
OMG,I LOVE happy endings:cat:

rainbow
November 1st, 2007, 06:33 PM
WOO HOO !!!!

Ford Girl, awesome job....you're an angel. :angel:

TMac
November 1st, 2007, 10:53 PM
AWESOME!!!! You rock, FordGirl!

I'm so glad he had a family who was missing him and that they were reunited!!!!
:goodvibes::goodvibes: