Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The Quotable Dog Lover

mummummum
October 31st, 2007, 12:02 PM
One of my birthday prezzies was this book by Patricia M.Sherwood

Not all of the quotes are pleasant and some of them are down-right un-dog, But I thought it might be a spot of fun to have a "quote" thrown in for a good thrashing about every so often. Today's shall be a fun one with which all of us whether we have a dog or not can identify:

i ran so hard i ran so fast
i left the spray behind
i chased the flecks of flying foam
and i outran the wind

an airplaine sailing overhead
climbed when it heard me bark
i yelped and leapt right at the sun
until the sky drew dark

some little children on the beach
threw sticks and ran with me
o master let us go again
and play beside the sea

~ Don Marquis (1927)

Frenchy
October 31st, 2007, 12:35 PM
I don't get half of it , too english for me. :shrug:

luckypenny
October 31st, 2007, 01:08 PM
That was wonderful MX3 :thumbs up. As I read it, I saw both Lucky and Penny on the beach in Miscou, NB last summer. You'll have to share more of those with us...or pass on the title of the book so I can put it on my Christmas list.

I'd add to it:

after the birds sailing so low
i thundered so fast
and into the air i flew
as they soared just out of my grasp

shredy
October 31st, 2007, 02:07 PM
Love it! The beach was one of Shade's favorite places. She rarely made any noise at all, but about a block from the beach she would let out an excited "EEEEEEEEEEEE". These were my favorite moments with her, making her so happy.

TeriM
October 31st, 2007, 02:42 PM
My furries love the ocean so this suits them perfectly :cloud9:. Great addition LP :).

breeze
October 31st, 2007, 03:16 PM
I don't understand what I'm reading, and I'm english :laughing:
right over my head :shrug:

mummummum
October 31st, 2007, 06:18 PM
I don't get half of it , too english for me. :shrug:

These are the thoughts of a dog playing at the beach. :)

mummummum
October 31st, 2007, 06:21 PM
You'll have to share more of those with us...or pass on the title of the book so I can put it on my Christmas list.

I'd add to it:

after the birds sailing so low
i thundered so fast
and into the air i flew
as they soared just out of my grasp

Wonderful verse LP ~you have a hidden talent! The name of the book is The Quotable Dog Lover and it is edited by Patricia M. Sherwood.

luckypenny
October 31st, 2007, 10:24 PM
The name of the book is The Quotable Dog Lover

:o...Duh...:o

It's sold out at all Chapters-Indigo :sad: . I'll get one second hand but it may take up to 6 weeks for shipping :eek: . Guess you'll have to post a few more MX3 until it gets here :D .

Hogansma
November 2nd, 2007, 01:48 AM
Thank-you so much Mx3. I went to ebay and bought a new copy for about $13. It's amazing what you can buy on there while you're sitting at home in your jammies. Sounds like a wonderful book!

A bit off topic but after I lost my wonderful girl, Molly, I bought an oil painting on ebay of a dalmatian that absolutely captured her spirit. It has really helped me heal.