Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

South Carolina pics,Myrtle Beach..

chico2
October 31st, 2007, 08:50 AM
I took a few pics,they are kind of boring,but I LOVE Myrtle Beach and we had 2 blissfull weeks without kitties(although I always miss them)....

chico2
October 31st, 2007, 08:51 AM
A few more..

chico2
October 31st, 2007, 08:53 AM
Last bit:D

chico2
October 31st, 2007, 08:53 AM
Oh,and this HUGE bug:yell:

chico2
October 31st, 2007, 08:54 AM
Ooops,forgot the bug...

breeze
October 31st, 2007, 09:14 AM
Love all the picture (Well not the bug one I hate bugs)
It looks sooo calm and quite and peacefulll there, glad you enjoyed yourself

want4rain
October 31st, 2007, 11:57 AM
you poor thing! wasnt bike week around this time?? you should hit Topsail Island. just a little north past Wilmington. very pretty, less windy, very very quiet. :)

Surf City/Topsail Island (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=surf+city,+NC,+United+States+of+America&ie=UTF8&ll=34.433532,-77.544594&spn=0.132239,0.233459&t=h&z=12&iwloc=addr&om=1)

i was married there!

if you went from Myrtle Beach to The Boob you had to have gone past my house! how cool is that? :)

-ashley

Frenchy
October 31st, 2007, 12:42 PM
Chico2 , they have lizards over there ? :confused:

I love the pictures , the beach looked deserted :cloud9: Glad you had a nice time :thumbs up

happycats
October 31st, 2007, 01:02 PM
WELCOME BACK CHICO!!!!!

The pictures are beautiful!!:)

luckypenny
October 31st, 2007, 01:11 PM
Beautiful Chico2! I love the "cloudy day at the beach" photo. The butterfly/flower pic is awesome too! I'd love to have something like that jumbo enlarged and framed. Did you and hubby enjoy yourselves? What did you do while there?

Lukka'sma
October 31st, 2007, 01:54 PM
Welcome back Chico. Hope you had a fantabulous time on your vacation. I'm sure your son did a marvy job of looking after the kitties. It is so hard to go and leave them isn't it.
Those are beautiful pictures. What a pretty place, love the flower, (I love all flowers that have that Hibiscus look to them)
Glad you are home and if you have any more pics don't be shy about posting them:D

chico2
October 31st, 2007, 05:00 PM
W4R,:laughing:I actually love bike-week,one year there was 20,000 bikers there,thousands of beautiful Harleys..I think this week though is Bike-Week in MB,so we missed it..
We have been thinking of Wilmington NC,but we really love MB,have been going there every year for about 20yrs.
I did wave to you driving through NC:laughing:
Frenchy,those lizards are just little Geckos and I just love them..
Part of the reason we like MB this time of the year,is that the beach is not too busy and the prices,WOW!!
I bedroom suite,with livingroom and fully equipped kitchen,2 TV's and beachfront is $59US/night can't beat that anywhere:thumbs up
It was nice and hot around +30C for the first week,then it rained and it was shopping-time:thumbs up
Bought Bailey a new leash(15feet)and collar +a new sweater,the kitties got toys(that they don't like:frustrated:)HS probably will like them,so it's ok..
Hubby and I had sort of a honey-moon,noone to care about,except ourselves,nice for a change,but I did feed a cute little orange kitty every day:laughing:she was the mole-catcher at the hotel,we also gave the moles a few treats,they're kind of cute:laughing:
Thank's for the Welcome Back,I thought nobody missed me:sad:

breeze
October 31st, 2007, 05:06 PM
Everybody missed you chico2 !!!!!! there is a thread about where you were?? and we all hope everything was ok.

Frenchy
October 31st, 2007, 09:03 PM
Everybody missed you chico2 !!!!!! there is a thread about where you were?? and we all hope everything was ok.

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=45912

Good thing you warned me about your trip Chico2 , people were getting worried !

growler~GateKeeper
November 1st, 2007, 03:12 AM
Glad you had a great time Chico! :thumbs up

Welcome Back :)

want4rain
November 1st, 2007, 07:59 AM
*chuckles* well, ive never been to Myrtle, too busy for this girl. i can go out my front door and get that southern hospitality anywhere. i go to the beach for the :yell: QUIET!! Topsail is where ive been going since a kid.

i hear bike week is really cool! but very busy. there are actually two bike weeks. one for the harleys and one for the crotch rockets. i cant live this close and NOT go some day.

did you guys drive down?

wilmington isnt all that impressive. its no different than any other eastern southern coastal town. topsail is unique in its quietness, its sharks teeth and its peek a boo coast line. have you been to see our light houses??

-ashley

chico2
November 1st, 2007, 08:18 AM
W4R,no we have not really seen much of NC,we go through Winston-Salem, Greensboro,Hamlet...we take the I-79,I-77 and 220..
and you are right about southern hospitality,that's why we LOVE South Carolina:cloud9:

otter
November 1st, 2007, 12:46 PM
You've brought back some fond memories for me. When I was a kid our family would go to SC every summer, the last week before school started. My parents bought timeshare on Hilton Head Island - back in the days when it was still quiet, hospitable and a wee bit wild (relatively). Hilton head was OK but my favourite trip was when we travelled all along the coastline and the outer banks. The lighthouses out there were AMAZING:thumbs up.
I always dreamed of moving to Duck NC, it was the quietest, dreamiest little town then, just perfect :D (no lighthouse though:sad:)

rainbow
November 1st, 2007, 05:38 PM
Welcome back Chico. :thumbs up It sounds like a great place to visit. I love the gecko and bird pics. :lovestruck: Do you know what the bug is called? Is its body raised off the floor when it walks? It looks like the ones that invade us in the fall. :yuck:

want4rain
November 1st, 2007, 05:46 PM
*whispers* its called a stink bug and the gecko is called the carolina anole. we have 3 different kinds of lizards here although one species looks like two. :)

-ash

rainbow
November 1st, 2007, 06:13 PM
*whispers* its called a stink bug and the gecko is called the carolina anole. we have 3 different kinds of lizards here although one species looks like two. :)

-ash

"Stink" bug ....I know it's not their real name but that's what we call them too. :yuck: I think they're actually called Cedar bugs. :shrug: Do you get them just in the fall or all year round?

chico2
November 2nd, 2007, 08:26 AM
:laughing:I only knew it was HUGE,luckily it was on the outside of the balcony-door,I did not go on the balcony before he was gone:laughing:
I love those little anoles,they are such perfect little creatures:lovestruck:

glasslass
November 7th, 2007, 08:44 PM
That brought back memories for me too. I was there - 40 years ago. I still remember the shock when I saw, and felt, the Atlantic. Such small waves and the water so warm. I'm used to the Pacific. Does KFC still have chicken livers and "dirty rice"? I miss that. First time I had hush puppies too. We had Den-Den2 with us then. Don't miss the bugs though. They had lots of them.

chico2
November 8th, 2007, 07:29 AM
Glasslass,I would not know about chicken-livers:laughing:KFC is not my favourite place..
As for bugs,did not see any,not inside anyway,everyhing is really clean.
I LOVE to sit on the balcony with my morningcoffee,watch the sun come up over the ocean and no 4-legged furries fighting for attention:laughing:just me the sun and the ocean:cloud9: