Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

a bit of history

milevi
October 30th, 2007, 04:14 AM
before i got leezza i adopted some hedgehogs that made themselves at home in my backyard. Bacon and Beans. i pretty much left them alone though, just putting out water and some bread and jam (they love it) for them. then i got leezza. and one evening i was sitting inside a leezza was playing outside and i heard some commoion. leezza who is generally very quiet was barking up a storm. i looked out side and saw nothing. tthe barking continued and i went outside, worried it might be something harmful and lo and behold there is leezza trying to eat Bacon or Beans, could never tell them apart. not to worry the hedgehog was completely unharmed and niether was leezza, she was just very frustrated. so i took Beans or Bacon away and took him to the end of town, not very far from home, put him as far away from the road as possible and left it at that. not a week later i hear the same kind of commotion outside. and i look and find either bacon or beans being harrassed by leezza again (or for the first time) so i try to pick him up but he's grown and his spikes have hardened. so i get on a kitchen glove and make the trudge to the end of town again. i thought that was the last i would see of them but no. just weeks later one of them was back. tell me what would you have done in this situation...

clm
October 30th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Sorry, don't know anything about hedgehogs, but you could try training the dog to leave them alone. Sound like your feeding them has made them decide to call your yard home.

Cindy

mummummum
October 31st, 2007, 11:09 AM
I agree. That's why the common wisdom is to NOT feed wild animals ~ they are not pets. Leeza is not the problem here. :2cents: